OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Call to a member function url() on a non-object

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Call to a member function url() on a non-object

Postby ramon » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:49 pm

Hello PKPers,

I'm running OCS 2.3.3-1 for a conference.
Everything works fine except when clicking the Director link on the user's Home Page.
This is the error displayed:
Code: Select all
Page clicked: http://myocs/index.php/conference/instance/director
Error
Fatal error: Call to a member function url() on a non-object in ocs2/pages/trackDirector/TrackDirectorHandler.inc.php on line 216

This recommended patch was applied.

PS-1: I should say that all recommended patches were applied, when possible. Some did generate errors (tried with the --dry-run option, so no .rej file to see).
PS: On another note, OCS needs to "preserve" instances of a Conference with different layouts, much like OJS does with issues. A scheduled conference cannot have a different layout from the "parent" or "siblings", but provides structure for different content. This should be in another post, though.
ramon

Re: Call to a member function url() on a non-object

Postby ramon » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:20 pm

Hello all,

In line 216 of pages/trackDirector/TrackDirectorHandler.php I commented the code as follows and it now works:
Code: Select all
                $pageHierarchy[] = array(Request::url(null, null, 'user'), 'navigation.user');
                //$pageHierarchy[] = array($request->url(null, null, $roleSymbolic), $roleKey);

Somehow the patch creates this new line that does not actually work. Maybe it does on OJS, but not OCS.
ramon

Re: Call to a member function url() on a non-object

Postby asmecher » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:02 am

Hi Ramón,

The patch uploaded against that bug entry was written against pre-release OCS 2.3.4 code and wouldn't apply cleanly against OCS 2.3.3. I've uploaded a patch that'll apply against OCS 2.3.3; it's a little different than the change you made and I'd suggest using it instead.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support