OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

add new form

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

add new form

Postby vivovip » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:52 am

hello,

I am new to OCS, could you please tell me how to add a separate page with form, so that the users can submit registration fee information?

It seems not easy, could you please tell me how to create a new page, where to place the new page, which the other files should I modify so that the registration fee information could be submitted to the database? and can I create a new data table for storing the registration fee data?

Thank you in advance.
vivovip

Re: add new form

Postby jmacgreg » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Hi vivovip,

Adding a new form field to a page, or a new page including a form, is actually a fairly complex undertaking. Do you have PHP development experience? If so, you should first search the forum for things like "add new page" or "add new field", and also consult the documentation. The Developer's Wiki may be of help, as would be the OJS Technical Reference (which, even though it was written specifically for OJS, and is somewhat out of date, has a large amount of information on how and why we have structured our applications).

You may also want to just appropriate the Special Requests form field that is already included as part of the registration page. If you want to add further text as instructions on that page, you can modify the "schedConf.registration.specialRequests.description" message key in locale/en_US/locale.xml.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Development