OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

[SOLVED] Where to import keywords?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

[SOLVED] Where to import keywords?

Postby mbria » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:02 am

Hi all,

Yes, I'm still importing my old magazine... I'm slow but secure programmer ;-)

During this importation I'm adding some old keywords to OJS but I'm unsure about where is the right place for them. In native.dtd we can see:

Code: Select all
<!ELEMENT indexing (discipline?, type?, subject_class?, subject?, coverage?)>
<!ELEMENT subject_class (#PCDATA)>

And in a former post it's said that ";" is the keyword separator.

But where to place my ";" separated keywords? in subject_class or in subject ?

I suspect is subject... but then what is subject_class for?
May I import keywords in different languages (with locale attrib)?

BTW, I will review the manual (I'm sure it must be documented) but anybody knows where in the Editor's web interface keywords are added?

Thanks a lot in advance,

m.
Last edited by mbria on Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
mbria

Postby asmecher » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:37 am

Hi mbria,

Use the <subject> tag to include keywords. (This tag was accidentally left out of the DTD but is supported by the import/export plugin alongside the subject_class tag.) The <subject_class> tag should be used to indicate a classification scheme; see Journal Setup, step 3, for some options and examples of the various indexing fields.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby mbria » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:59 am

Wonderful !

Thanks a lot for your help.

I will read carefully "Journal Setup, step 3" but any information about locales importation? in dtd it's said that only a few fields could be "translated"... did it change in the last review?

Cheers,

m.
mbria

Postby asmecher » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:20 am

Hi mbria,

Currently, only article titles and abstracts can be multi-lingual; we're planning on adding better support for multi-lingual and extensible metadata, but won't be in the next release.

In the meantime, the best approach would probably be to include keywords in several languages within the same field.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby mbria » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:45 am

oki doki. thanks again.

Cheers,

m.
mbria

Postby yaliang » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:07 am

Dear Alec:

I encountered problems with the Indexing elements with the Journal Setup, step 3. Some elements were chosen and set; however, when the author submits their papers, they couldn't see the fields to input the data (such as inputing the keywords). Strangely, only the Language filed is shown.
Could you tell me how to fix the problem?
Currently, I'm working with the OJS 2.1. I remenbered that in the previous version (2.0.1), there was not this kind of error.

Best regards,

Yaliang
yaliang

Postby asmecher » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:49 am

Hi Yaliang,

As Journal Manager, check to make sure that the relevant fields are enabled. See Setup, page 3, under "For Authors To Index Their Work".

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby yaliang » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:52 am

Dear Alec:

Thanks for your information. I know that and I'm sure the options were enabled. However, sometimes the fields were disappeared. There's a similar problem with the Review Option of "Reviewers will have access to the submission file only after agreeing to review it." Sometimes, the reviewer could access the submission before he/she accept the request.

Currently, I didn't know the reasons for these situations. I'll keep tracking with that and let you know the potential reasons if I get one.

Best regards,

Yaliang
yaliang

Postby asmecher » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:08 am

Hi Yaliang,

Thanks, and please keep us up to date. There is a known issue with changing languages from the sidebar pulldown after saving a page of settings that might be causing this.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support