OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

mySQL errors - problems writing to tables

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Postby Jakob » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:38 am

Kevin,

Sorry to bother you further !

According to the home page of your site, you are currently in "publish by issue" mode. Your author index page seems to indicate that some articles were published individually in "by year" mode before the journal was switched to using issues.

As corrected in my post later on, we published from the beginning in mode : "As part of a volume alone, by volume and year designated", this has, as far as I remember not been changed.
In the author's Index page, the two first articles in "S" went through the "whole" submission, reviewing and editing process, while the 3 next ones (test, test2, test4) are just 3 test submission examples not accepted and not gone through editing process: this to show you how they appear in that page, but not in the volume issue.

Thanks,
Jakob Schlüpmann
Jakob

Postby kevin » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:06 am

Try this fix:

Code: Select all
Index: search.php
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/ojs/search.php,v
retrieving revision 1.78
diff -u -r1.78 search.php
--- search.php  17 Feb 2004 03:29:40 -0000      1.78
+++ search.php  10 Jun 2004 15:05:35 -0000
@@ -286,8 +286,9 @@
                $offset = (int) $vars[offset];
                if($offset < 0 || $offset > $num_results) { $offset = 0; }

+               $num_displayed = ($num_results <= ($offset + $max_results_page) ? $num_results : ($offset + $max_results_page));
                ?>
-               <i><?php echo sprintf(_tr('DISPLAYING_RECORDS_NUMBER'), $offset + 1, $offset + $max_results_page, $num_results) ?></i>
+               <i><?php echo sprintf(_tr('DISPLAYING_RECORDS_NUMBER'), $offset + 1, $num_displayed, $num_results) ?></i>
                <hr />
                <ul>
                <?php
@@ -382,7 +383,7 @@
                                for($i = $first_page_display; $i<=$last_page_display; $i++) {
                                        if($i > $first_page_display) { echo " "; }
                                        if($i == $curr_page) { echo "<b>$i</b>"; }
-                                       else { echo "<a href=\"search.php?op=$op&$string&offset=" . (($i - 1) * $max) . "\">$i</a>"; }
+                                       else { echo "<a href=\"search.php?op=$op&$string&offset=" . (($i - 1) * $max_results_page) . "\">$i</a>"; }
                                }
                                echo "$next_link</div>\n";
                        }
@@ -638,7 +639,7 @@
                        FROM tblauthorstoarticles AS t, tblarticles AS a, tblsections AS s
                        LEFT JOIN tblissues AS i ON fkIssueID=nIssueID
                        WHERE fkAuthorID='$author_row[fkAuthorID]' AND fkArticleID=nArticleID
-                       AND fkSectionID=nSectionID AND bAuthorIndex='1'
+                       AND fkSectionID=nSectionID AND a.bPublished='1' AND bAuthorIndex='1'
                        ORDER BY nYear DESC, nVolume DESC, nNumber DESC, s.nRank, nOrder";
                $article_result = $db->query($sql);
                $num_articles = $db->num_rows($article_result);
kevin

Postby Jakob » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:15 am

Thanks !

Jakob Schlüpmann
Jakob

bugs and fixes

Postby ramon » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:51 am

Are these bugs fixed in v. 1.1.7 ?? or do we need to apply the patches??
ramon

Postby kevin » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:46 am

Yes, they are fixed in 1.1.7
kevin

Previous

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion