OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

RT / Add Comment not working

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

RT / Add Comment not working

Postby tneumann » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:50 am

Hi,

(I can't access bugzilla - blocked by our firewall - so I don't know if this is has been reported earlier)

the article comment function does not appear to be working for us. Save and Cancel buttons are not functional, and the form container in the HTML code has the following URL as the action value:
"journalURL/index.php/journalname/comment/add/20/0//save"

Please note the two slashes before 'save' - might this cause the problem?

The MySQL database remains empty (comments & article_comments tables).
Comments are enabled in RT & Journal Setup (tried various settings).
We are using OJS 2.1.0.1.

Thanks,
Tim
tneumann

Postby asmecher » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:40 am

Hi Tim,

Could you provide a little more information about your situation? Specifically:
  • What level of anonymity is allowed in your journal? This is configured in Journal Setup, step 2, under "Reader Comments".
  • Are you logged in when you're having trouble posting?
Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby tneumann » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:31 pm

Hi Alec,

I have tried all three anonymity levels and in the case of public comments, the login status does not make a difference. I have tried with Internet Explorer 6 and Firefox 1.5.0.1. The system runs on a Linux-based shared webspace.

Upon clicking "Save", the comment form reappears with empty title and message fields, but the comment itself is not saved. The cancel button does not have an effect.

Shall I pm you the link?

The system has another quirk: on submission, when trying to bypass the editing process to place the article directly in the scheduling queue, I get the error message "Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request." Yet the submission is placed into the queue - we can live with that, as it is not a public feature, but it may indicate a problem with the installation, don't you think?

Thanks,
Tim
tneumann

Postby asmecher » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:57 pm

Hi Tim,

Yes, please send the URL to pkp-support@sfu.ca.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby asmecher » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:45 pm

See http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2132 for a patch to correct the Cancel button and, on environments that automatically remove double slashes, root-comment posting.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Last edited by asmecher on Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asmecher

Postby tneumann » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:59 pm

Thanks very much for quickly resolving this, Alec.

Great support!

Tim
tneumann

Return to OJS Technical Support