OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

[SOLVED] Where generic ExamplePlugin example could be found?

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

[SOLVED] Where generic ExamplePlugin example could be found?

Postby mbria » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:56 am

Technical documentation talks about an ExamplePlugin that could be found in plugins/generic. I look in the distribution and in the cvs and nothing found.

Does any body knows where it could be found?

I'm interested in adding two different features to OJS:

a) Create and mantain a "indexed at" page with nice logos of each directory.
b) Allow OJS to create subsections with a common introduction text.

Do you think plugin is the best way to develop both?

Thanks a lot in advance,

m.
Last edited by mbria on Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
mbria

Postby eruthes » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:38 am

I'm also intrested. I want to develop an export plugin for MARC protocol.

eduardo Ruthes
eruthes

Postby asmecher » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:58 pm

Hello all,

You can get the example plugin at http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/example.tar.gz.

We're working on making plugins more flexible; ideally, plugins will be able to extend any part of the system, but there are currently a limited number of hooks in some areas of the system, particularly in templates. If you encounter a part of the system that you think should have a hook added, please suggest it to the team. (For example, the sidebar template is a good candidate for this; with an added hook in the sidebar template, dropping logos and additional content into the sidebar would be easy.)

Subsections are potentially more complex, and would likely be difficult to implement and maintain as a plugin. If you do implement this, please provide a patch to the team for potential inclusion in a future release of OJS.

Eduardo, OJS supports MARC exports via OAI; you might be able to reuse some of that code (in classes/OAI) for a MARC export.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby mbria » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:47 am

thxs
mbria

more doubts... :-(

Postby mbria » Sat May 13, 2006 4:27 am

Hi,

Let me detail a litte about my test and the 2 new plugins I want to develop:

a) An html page creator: For instance, to show a more funky "Indexed at..." with some logos of your indexes (as far as is a simple web page, it could be useful for other propouses). Until I find how to extend the Example module I fixed it playing with pages/template (I will publish soon a mini-howto for this provisional, but functional solution): http://test.dehisi.org/atheneaDigital/index.php/atheneaDigital/indexed

b) A news plugin: May be a gateway to a cms/news system... may be extending ojs with some brief tables.

I played with you example (uncompressing it at the plugins/generic folder) and it adds a new option in the journal manager/plugins list, but as far as I see... only this. I read the Techmanual and I found some Templates, but what I need to do if I like to add my plugin in the ojs structure and display something?

I implemented the display() method, but I didn't find what url do I need to point to see my display.

thanks a lot in advance,

m.

PD: BTW... if somebody has adapted NEWS or/and RSS old OJS1 plugins to ojs2 and like to share it help with be really welcomed.[/url]
mbria

Postby asmecher » Sat May 13, 2006 10:26 am

Hi mbria,

We're currently adding a few things to OJS in CVS that you might find useful:
  • An RSS/Atom plugin
  • More hooks
  • Better ability to extend OJS templates and parts of templates with plugins
We'll be releasing these as part of OJS 2.1.1, which is scheduled for June.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Really good news...

Postby mbria » Sun May 14, 2006 7:59 am

June is close, so probably I will wait until then.

Thanks a lot for your work. More I dig, more I love it.

Cheers,

m.
mbria

Postby mj » Fri May 19, 2006 9:14 am

eruthes wrote:I'm also intrested. I want to develop an export plugin for MARC protocol.

eduardo Ruthes

one of the things we are discussing is a more dynamic/robust way to easily add import/export plugins (eg. pubmed and crossref export plugins are currently in development). MARC could easily be added as one of these export plugins also.

have a look at /plugins/importexport/sample for an example of how to do this currently.

MJ
mj
Site Admin

I took a look in the cvs... great plugins there.

Postby mbria » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:47 am

Hi,

Just to report that I tested webFeed and tinyMCE plugins and they worked perfectly and they were exaclty the modules I was looking for. :-)

I also tried thesys and counter, but first one don't fit with my propouses and the second one... probably it's me, but looks like isn't not working propertly because don't counts.

In other words: Great work done.

Cheers,

m.
mbria

Postby asmecher » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:04 am

Hi mbria --

Glad to hear it. Some of the more complex plugins likely aren't working because they're intended to work with OJS 2.1.1, and the hook system has changed slightly since 2.1.0-1; also, the thesis plugin needs to install its schema. Stay tuned for the release of 2.1.1 on this.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Development