OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Native import/export plugin don't allow change galley files

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Native import/export plugin don't allow change galley files

Postby Marc » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:24 am

Hi all,

We have imported many issues in our database using the native import/export plugin, with the versions:
- NativeImportExportPlugin.inc.php, v 1.21
- NativeImportDom.inc.php,v 1.13

That works great!

However, a trouble appears when we try to change the galley file of an article object.
Often, people forgot to attach the file src in the XML or the file attached is not the correct one. Therefore, we need to do some changes to the imported data.

Nevertheless, to make these changes, it is necessary that the article have the acceptation of the editor, as if it had been import using the traditional workflow. More specifically, we need in the table edit_decisions (article_id, round, editor_id, decision) a row representing the article with a 1 in the last column.

If not, we cannot change the article file or to attach one if it does not have.

My questions are:
First, are we right? If yes, is that resolved in some later version? (I have searched into the CVS, finding nothing). Finally, if not (that is not resolved), there is any easy way to do that?

We cannot change code source because there is people using the traditional workflow.

Thanks a lot!

Marc
Marc

Postby asmecher » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:54 am

Hi Marc,

Are you trying to accomplish these changes as Layout Editor, or as Editor?

As Editor, you should be able to upload an updated galley without requiring an entry for article acceptance. As Layout Editor, you may need to go back and fill in some information about the editing process, such as assigning Layout Editors, Layout Versions, etc; please provide some more information about your situation and we may be able to address it in a future release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby Marc » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:51 am

Hi Alec,

First, I am sorry for my belated replay.

Actually, the problem about I was talking does not exist.
For some reason we could not change the gallery file for an article, but in fact, we can do it…no problem here.

Sorry for false alarm :-p

Marc
Marc

Postby asmecher » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:19 pm

Hi Marc,

No problem. If you manage to track down the problem you were encountering, please let me know.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support