OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

uploading papers etc

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

uploading papers etc

Postby goodgrief » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:34 am

hello there

i have a few issues i cannot resolve..all help much appreciated.

1) whenever anyone registers with the journal they get an automated response that talks about forgotten passwords - how do i amend this message?

2) i assume some setting is not right as i cannot load anything up to the journal - either css or logos on the setup. the files are the right format but it keeps saying they are not. also when we try to load up papers as an author they dont upload. Am i missing something here. I figure these two errors maybe linked.

3) this is a frustrating thing - owing to politics of our instituion i cant be given access to all the sql etc part of the programme. the upshot is if i forget to sign out then i cant log back in unless the computer dept clear all the logs even though i am the journal manager. Is there anyway we can stop this ahppening. i worry that when others log on and dont click the sign out it will happen to them and they will get frustrated and so will i contacting the computer department all the time. All ideas much welcome. I guess its to do with how it registers the person logging in and caching it - but what do i know.

thank you......virtual beers to you all..

goodgrief
goodgrief

Postby mjordan » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:54 am

1) whenever anyone registers with the journal they get an automated response that talks about forgotten passwords - how do i amend this message?

Is this the message you are getting?

We have received a request to reset your password for the Open Journal Systems web site.

If you did not make this request, please ignore this email and your
password will not be changed. If you wish to reset your password, click on
the below URL.

Reset my password:
http://path/to/your/journal/login/reset ... irm=461266

2) i assume some setting is not right as i cannot load anything up to the journal - either css or logos on the setup. the files are the right format but it keeps saying they are not. also when we try to load up papers as an author they dont upload. Am i missing something here. I figure these two errors maybe linked.

Can you confirm that you have created an upload directory when you installed OJS? Also, is that directory writable by your web server?

3) this is a frustrating thing - owing to politics of our instituion i cant be given access to all the sql etc part of the programme. the upshot is if i forget to sign out then i cant log back in unless the computer dept clear all the logs even though i am the journal manager. Is there anyway we can stop this ahppening. i worry that when others log on and dont click the sign out it will happen to them and they will get frustrated and so will i contacting the computer department all the time. All ideas much welcome. I guess its to do with how it registers the person logging in and caching it - but what do i know.

I'm not really sure what you're describing... when you say "forget to sign out", do you mean of OJS?

Mark
mjordan

Postby goodgrief » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:28 pm

hi there

thank you for the quick response...

1) yes that is the message I am getting

2) i will ask that question of the IT chap - i will see waht he says.

re 3) i will try again....when i login into the journal site and then come out of it - if i dont click on signout on the right hadn side and exit by closing teh window down it gets unhappy and wont let me log abck into the journal site.

thnak you
Jane
goodgrief

Return to OJS Technical Support