You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

diasble breadcrumbs in ?

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

diasble breadcrumbs in ?

Postby jaguar » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:17 am

Hello I am new here. I am just wondering how to completely disable breadcrumbs. I won't be needing them.

Oh, and another thing, how to hide "current conferences" from the navigation bar. With hiding the "current conferences" I have a feeling its in Navibar.tpi, but which part to delete?

Sorry for the basic questions! Thanks so much.

Re: diasble breadcrumbs in ?

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:58 pm

Hi Jaguar,

You can remove the breadcrumbs by editing lib/pkp/templates/common/breadcrumb.tpl (in OCS 2.3+, at least; you'll have to look in templates/common/ in older versions of OCS). To hide the Current Conferences, you'll want to remove the line that looks something like:

Code: Select all
{if $currentSchedConfsExist}<li><a href="{url schedConf="index" page="schedConfs" op="current"}">{translate key="navigation.current"}</a></li>{/if}

(... again, YMMV with older versions of OCS.)

Postby lmancini » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:43 am

I see that in last version of OJS that file doesn't exist anymore. Does somebody know how to remove the breadcrumbs today?
Thank you

Postby asmecher » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:56 am

Hi lmancini,

These directions are for OCS, and you're using OJS. Could you post your question in one of the OJS-specific forums?

Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Return to OCS Technical Support