OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

E-mail to authors with submission link

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

E-mail to authors with submission link

Postby Sherman » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:59 pm

I'm not sure if this is a development or support question:

I'd like to be able to have a template e-mail to authors with the submission pane URL already placed there, for cases when authors fail to properly blind files or something else where I need a fresh file before starting the review process. I don't know if there's a way to do this right now with a preexisting OJS variable, but if so, I'd certainly like to know!
Sherman

Postby John » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:48 pm

Sherman
Before being able to send an invitation to review to a reviewer, the editor needs to identify the Review Version (first step on submission's Review page), which is either the original submission, if the editor finds it perfect on giving it the once over, or a version the editor modifies (e.g., by removing the author's name) and uploads as the Review Version, or if need be, by writing the author for a better version which the editor uploads at the Review Version.
John

Postby Sherman » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:22 pm

Ah, so there's no way for the author to directly upload a new version... ?
Sherman

Postby John » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:55 pm

The author can upload revised versions of the paper after the review process is complete and, if needed, for a second round of reviewing. Otherwise, OJS maintains the integrity of the original submission, in case of disputes. Still, your implied suggestion is worth keeping in mind...
John

Postby Sherman » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:20 pm

Maybe the quick-rejection is the right route to go, and then change the e-mail to ask for a new version?
Sherman

Postby John » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:12 pm

1. If the author's submission has minor infractions, like the author's name left in, then the editor spots it, deletes it, and uploads it as the Review Version.
2. If the submission's bib is not properly formatted, references are missing or other major problems in adhering to the author guidelines, then
a) the editor can either notify the author that they need to resubmit a "fair copy" which they author can do under their current registration, as an author, using the same title if they want.
b) the editor sends it out for review, and then if it is favorably reviewed, insists that the author revise to, in addition to other improvements, adhere to Author Guidelines.
John

Return to OJS Development