OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Automated Review Reminders

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Automated Review Reminders

Postby RickMath » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi

I am running version 2.1.2

Is there a way to have reviewer acceptance reminders (when reviewers do not respond to a request) and review reminders (when reviews are not received) be emailed from the Track Director rather from the Conference Manager (editorialcontact)

We have submissions made directly to the Track Directors and reviewers assigned by them. I would like to have all automated responses come from the Track Directors with a copy to me as the Conference Manager.

Previously I installed a patch to copy Track Directors on submission acknowledgment emails but I cannot locate it. I would like both the Track Director and the Conference Manager to be copied on any automated reminders.

Hopefully there is an easy fix for this. Is any of this in 2.3.2? I am reluctant to upgrade as we are just getting into a major submission phase for our submission deadline this month.

Thanks

Rick

Rick
RickMath

Re: Automated Review Reminders

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi Rick,

I don't think there's any way to have that done without modifying code, no, and it doesn't look like it's in OCS 2.3.2+. You may be able to modify classes/tasks/reviewReminder.inc.php so that the contact email is set to something else; if you have any further questions, just let us know.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby RickMath » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:35 pm

Thanks James

As I mentioned in the last post, we were able to make some modifications in the submission acknowledgment emails to copy the track director. Can you tell me how to make the changes to copy the director. As I also mentioned, I can't seem to find these changes. I will look again in my posts.

Thanks again for all the great work of the PKP support team.

Rick
RickMath

Postby RickMath » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:44 pm

James

The copy to track directors of the submission ack was fixed in Bug 4694. Can I do something similar in the other notifications?

Thanks

Rick
RickMath

Postby mcrider » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi RIck,

You can use the code from the patch in bug 4694 in any place where you want to assign series editors. For example, in classes/tasks/ReviewReminder.inc.php, after the email template is initialized (i.e. after $email = new PaperMailTemplate(...)), you can add:
Code: Select all
$editAssignmentDao =& DAORegistry::getDAO('EditAssignmentDAO');
$editAssignments =& $editAssignmentDao->getEditAssignmentsByPaperId($paper->getPaperId());
while ($editAssignment =& $editAssignments->next()) {
    $mail->addBcc($editAssignment->getDirectorEmail(), $editAssignment->getDirectorFullName());
    unset($editAssignment);
}

To find where other emails are created and sent, I'd suggest finding the email's key (e.g. REVIEW_REMIND_AUTO) and grepping the code for it. Wherever a PaperMailTemplate object is created, you should be able to add the code above.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby RickMath » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:44 am

Matt

Thanks. I am not sure I am in the right place. I found the code below.

$email = &new PaperMailTemplate($paper, $reviewerAccessKeysEnabled?'REVIEW_REMIND_AUTO_ONECLICK':'REVIEW_REMIND_AUTO', null, false, $conference, $schedConf);
$email->setConference($conference);
$email->setSchedConf($schedConf);

Should the code you sent be inserted before
$email->setConference($conference);
$email->setSchedConf($schedConf);

Just want to make sure that I am doing this right.

Rick
RickMath

Postby mcrider » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:52 am

Hi Rick,

Yes, that should be fine. It can go really anywhere between $email = new PaperMailTemplate and $email->send().

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Return to OCS Technical Support