OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Required fields in different languages

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Required fields in different languages

Postby fernao » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi there!

I'm using OJS 2.3.2-1 and I'm installing it for a brazilian journal.

This journal requires title and abstract, both in portuguese and english, for submitting articles. And all those four fields are required.

So I've started editing step3 form (classes/author/form/AuthorSubmitStep3Form), where I found the place for adding the checks for required fields. However, I realized that is not possible to add a check for a specific language. Then I tried adding locale support to the FormValidation, but my modification started to get bigger and bigger...

My question is: anyone have any plans for implementing validation checks for different locales?

cheers,
Fernão Lopes
fernao

Re: Required fields in different languages

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi Fernão Lopes,

In OJS 2.3.3, there is now the option to allow submissions in multiple languages. If I remember correctly, Journal Managers can now specify which languages Authors can submit in. More information is available in a bullet here. I don't think we currently have any plans on checking whether information has been added for mandatory fields for any *non-primary-language* locales -- that is, we'll always only check that the primary locale passes validation. Of course, if you can provide a use case we're more than happy to consider it as a feature request.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development