OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

SWORD Plugin Question.

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

SWORD Plugin Question.

Postby bdgregg » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:53 am

I know you've been working to standardize on the core code and was wondering if there be the same type of SWORD Plugin for OCS that was just released for OJS? If so will this be anytime soon?

This would help us significantly as we have a conference or two here that wants to export their conference proceedings into a SWORD-compliant archive and we are going to be working on a process to do this via and XML export/import for now but if the SWORD plug-in is available that would negate our development efforts to do the same.

Thanks!
Brian Gregg.
University of Pittsburgh Library System.
bdgregg

Re: SWORD Plugin Question.

Postby asmecher » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:41 am

Hi Brian,

We don't currently have concrete plans to port the plugin over to OCS, but if your team hasn't gone too far on your own efforts, I'd suggest porting the plugin over to OCS. It shouldn't be a tremendous amount of work and we'd happily include your results with future releases of OCS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby bdgregg » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:04 am

Alec,

Is most everything I need for the SWORD Plugin under plugins/generic/sword in OJS or are there some other ties under /lib/pkp/lib/swordapp?

I'll look to see how hard it is before I commit. If it is fairly simple - I just may do it.
bdgregg

Postby asmecher » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:34 am

Hi Brian,

The contents of lib/pkp/lib/swordapp are the SwordApp PHP library -- see http://php.swordapp.org/. It hasn't been modified, so you can simply copy it in from your OJS tree. The rest of the plugin is in plugins/generic/sword, except for one class in classes/sword. Let me know if you get hung up on any details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby stuartlewis » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:00 am

Hi Brian,

I was wondering if you'd decided to look at adding SWORD capability to OCS?

My interest in this is that I maintain the SWORD PHP library, and I work on the SWORD project to develop the standard further. At the moment I am writing a case study document of the ways in which SWORD is being used, and the OCS->SWORD->Repository use case is very interesting.

If you have got further, I'd been keen to hear how it went.

Thanks,

Stuart
stuartlewis

Return to OCS Technical Support