OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Review form won't delete, how to deactivate?

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Review form won't delete, how to deactivate?

Postby KateM » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:56 am

I have deactivated the review form (as it is static and not apparent to review how to use) but it still shows up during the review process. This is problematic as the review form contains incorrect information - which I cannot seem to edit. The site is live and reviews are due in 3 weeks. I would appreciate some advice... :)
Last edited by KateM on Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KateM

Re: Review form won't delete, how to activate?

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi Kate,

Have you tried deleting the form outright? Has it been used at all? While it might be a bit annoying for your Directors to see a reference to the form, it won't be available to Reviewers unless the Director explicitly assigns it to them during the review assignment process. I'd suggest trying to delete it; failing that, attempting a deactivation and seeing if anything is reported in your error log. In the meantime, instruct your Directors not to assign that review form, and the Reviewers will never see it. You may also want to check which review form is assigned to each track by default -- under Conference Tracks, check each created track.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion