OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Help regarding translation

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Help regarding translation

Postby ushasharma84 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:52 pm

hi
We need to translate OJS in Hindi. I want to know is it necessary to translate Reading tools, emailtemplates and dbScripts to make the tanslation work.
Thanks in advance
:roll:
ushasharma84

Re: Help regarding translation

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:01 am

Hi ushasharma84,

You don't need to translate the reading tools or dbscripts, but the email templates along with the locale files (located in locale/en_US/ and lib/pkp/locale/en_US in OJS 2.3+) need to be translated. A Hindi translation of OJS would be very much appreciated by the OJS community! Would you consider providing it to us to include in future versions of OJS? If you have any other translation questions, just let me know.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:14 am

One more quick thing -- I've updated http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/Translating_OxS to include more detailed information on translation OJS 2.3+.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ushasharma84 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:08 am

hi James
I would defenitely provide it to you as the translation would complete. One more question as you mentioned I need to translate files pkp/lib/locale file. There is one more file ojs-2.3.1-2\locale\. Do i need to translate that one also? Will it be ok if I dont translate ojs-2.3.1-2\lib\pkp\locale\ installar and ojs-2.3.1-2\lib\pkp\locale\ manager as that files messages will be for technical users only.
ushasharma84

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi ushasharma84,

You don't strictly need to translate those files, but the translation will be considered fairly incomplete without them. We're still happy to take whatever you send our way.

Cheers,
Jaemes
jmacgreg

Postby ganesh » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:30 pm

Dear James,

I read your discussion post with Usha Sharma.
How I can get hindi locale for OJS. I tried the internet but failed.

With kind regards

Ganesh
ganesh

Postby ganesh » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:15 am

I am offering my services to translate the locales in Hindi and Sanskrit (Devnagari script) without any fee.
I think OJS is very useful for Hindi Researchers and publishers.
Kindly let me know the folders and file names of locale(s) which need to be translated in OJS.
I am a post-graduate in computer science (MCA).
ganesh

Return to OJS Technical Support