OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

email to all registered users

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

email to all registered users

Postby ushasharma84 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:37 am

hi
I want to Send a mail to all registered users to update their profile . I checked in prepared mails then found a mail notify users to accomplish this task but then i found that notify users will be sent to readers only . but There are users who are not readers but reviewers and authors. so is there any mail which can be sent to all registered users.Can u give me any help on this?
Thanks in advance
:roll:
ushasharma84

Re: email to all registered users

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:26 am

Hi ushasharma84,

Try logging in as an Editor and clicking the Notify Users link on the Editor's home page.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ushasharma84 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:48 am

This notify users will be sent to readers only. But i need to send it to reviewers also who may or may not be readers.Do i need to create a custom email to send a mail to all users or specially reviewers. I need some pointers on Creating such type of email.Thanks in advance.
:roll:
ushasharma84

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:23 am

Hi ushasharma84,

The Journal Manager can send emails to a specific group by clicking on the Group role link on their User Home page; and then clicking the Email Users button on that page. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/docs/userguide/2. ... iling.html.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ushasharma84 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:26 am

hi
Is this Group role link present in ojs-2.3.1-2?
I dont think it is present there.
ushasharma84

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:56 am

Yes, it is, but maybe I'm not making myself clear -- log in as a Journal Manager, and from your user home page click the group/role you want to mail. You'll be able to email the entire group from the subsequent page.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development