OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Moving a submission to another track

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Moving a submission to another track

Postby RickMath » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:07 am

I tried moving a submission to another track on the summary page. After recording the move, the submission shows up in the In Review list as being in the new track but the track director initials still show as the old track and the submission remains in that track.

Any ideas on how to make this work are appreciated. I am running OCS 2.1.2.1

Thanks

Rick
RickMath

Re: Moving a submission to another track

Postby RickMath » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:18 pm

It appears that the system made the change in the Papers table by changing the TrackID but not in the EditAssignments table by changing the DirectorID.

I was able to go into the tables to make the change with phpMyAdmin.

Where do I need to change the code to make this happen.

Thanks

Rick
RickMath

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi Rick,

Are you expecting the assigned Track Director to change when you move submission to a new track? Directors are only assigned when the submission first hits the system (that is, if you have added Track Directors to particular tracks). Once this happens, the TD "owns" the submission, and that can't be reassigned automatically; you'll have to manually reassign when you move the submission around.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby petermanger » Mon May 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi,

Long time reader - first time poster :-) Conference: http://www.mssanz.org.au/modsim2011/rego

In my view, changing the Track means changing all the associated properties around the paper to that track. Isn't that the point of a track??

If you have a look at the list of tracks we have - you'll see we have a LOT - and part of the process in the past has been merging, modifying and shuffling tracks and papers around the tracks. The previous in house system we used was able to do this, and I must admit I assumed OCS would do something similar. Also, when a track is changed - the track directors need to be emailed (perhaps optionally).

I don't mind having a go at coding this myself - can I have some pointers to useful bits of code?

Thanks,
Peter Manger
petermanger

Postby petermanger » Mon May 02, 2011 6:13 pm

Also the event log should track the track changes (poor pun intended) - and only track directors and higher can change the track.

Peter Manger
petermanger

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion