OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

ldap and not ldap users

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

ldap and not ldap users

Postby mortenerlandsen » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:28 am

In our 2.2.4 installation we use ldap for the people at the university and not ldap for people outside the university.(I guess most universities do it that way)
In one of the journals we want that authors from everywhere should be able to register themselves but that doesn't work in ojs.
In the register form there is no way to tell that you want to register your self as a non ldap user - the system automatically expect you to be a ldap user and there fore you cannot log in, when you have registered your self.
Now the journal manager has to go in and set the user to a non ldap user before the author can log in
A simple solution would be if there in the register form was a way to say that you are a ldap user or not as there is in the registration form you use as journal manager.

As it is now it is very frustrating.

Hope you will fix it soon

thanks morten
mortenerlandsen

Re: ldap and not ldap users

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:23 am

Hi Morten,

Have you recently checked your LDAP plugin settings? It should be possible for users to create new accounts with the JM interfering. See also http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/Settin ... Shibboleth.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby andresco » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:08 am

While LDAP can be configured during the sign-up process it seems to only affect a single server instead of all servers within the Cluster.

Ref.: http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/Settin ... Shibboleth
LDAP (the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol), while not as powerful as Shibboleth (e.g. LDAP does not support single sign-on, where logging into one service automatically logs into all others)
andresco

Postby oscaralberto » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:16 am

English

Hello,

I have installed OJS and I connect to an LDAP using the LDAP plugin ..

Anyone can help me ..

I leave my contact details:

msn: oscaralbertozuniga@hotmail.com

HELP! THANKS ..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Español

Hola,

Tengo instalado el sistema OJS y quiero conectarlo con un LDAP utilizando el Plugin de LDAP ..

Alguien me puede ayudar..

Dejo mis datos para contactarme:

msn: oscaralbertozuniga@hotmail.com

AYUDA !! GRACIAS..
oscaralberto

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:15 pm

Hi Oscar,

Unfortunately, it is very hard for us to troubleshoot LDAP problems, as it is not a part of our codebase, and all servers are different. I would suggest carefully reading the available documentation, and talking with your service provider.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development