OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Move/Add Blocks in Site Root (OJS 2.2.2)

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Move/Add Blocks in Site Root (OJS 2.2.2)

Postby hekutoru2kx » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:41 pm

Hi, it's me again!

This time I'm trying to add/move the blocks that appear in the root site's sidebar (:User, Language, Content). I could do it without problems in the journals, throught the journal look settings. But I can't find the same options in the Site Administration Settings.

I was searching/reading other topics of the forum, but I couldn't find a solution. The only information I could get was someone saying 'it couldn't be done' through an interface.

I want to add a block for all the journals and also the main page. So, if someone knows where is the information of the blocks the root site right sidebar loads, please help me.

PD: I'm using a temporary alternate method. I modified the fontSize block to put the information I wanted.
hekutoru2kx

Re: Move/Add Blocks in Site Root (OJS 2.2.2)

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:31 pm

Hi there,

This is possible, but not through the user interface itself -- only by directly manipulating the database. More information is available here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4448. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development