OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem synchronizing with OJS CVS server

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Problem synchronizing with OJS CVS server

Postby jrbalsas » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:29 am

I'm trying to sync or checkout OJS branch from CVS without success. Looking for some information about CVS, it seems to be related with a problem in OJS CVS server.

After login successfully in CVS server, when you try to checkout, update or status (not prove with other commands), CVS server always return this message (tested from differents computers):

"can't create temporary directory /tmp/cvs-serv11857
Read-only file system"

Is anyone experimenting the same problem? Its discontinued CVS service in favor of GIT? How can I conntact with CVS administrator? (pkp-support@sfu.ca redirect me to this forum to treat this topic)
jrbalsas

Re: Problem synchronizing with OJS CVS server

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:52 am

Hi there,

You should probably move to checking code out via Git (see http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/HOW-TO ... s_from_git for a comprehensive how-to on doing this), which we are now primarily using. We try to sync this with the old CVS repository, but we don't check it regularly and it may occasionally be broken in relation to Git.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development