OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

VIEW COUNTER IS NOT WORKING

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

VIEW COUNTER IS NOT WORKING

Postby ushasharma84 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:05 am

hi
I am using OJS-2.3.1. View Counter for authors to see the number of times their article has been viewed in their Submission Archives page is not showing any increment no matter how many times their article is viewed.View Counter always displays 0.Even its not showing any increment in submission's Editing page, in the Layout section in the galley table under Views. Also I want to display this view count and pdf download count on Article's Table of Content Page. Can u give me any pointer regarding that.
Thanks in advance
:roll:
ushasharma84

Re: VIEW COUNTER IS NOT WORKING

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:28 am

Hi ushasharma84,

I can't replicate this (although I've found another problem with the PDF view count in our development version of OJS). Have you modified the code at all?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:33 am

Hi ushasharma84,

Also, just a quick note, regarding this thread and http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5604 -- while we appreciate and encourage bug reports, either on the forum or via Bugzilla, we're a small team -- keeping the report to one venue or the other, but not both (ie. duplicating) is preferred. If you do post a potential bug to the forum, we'll be happy to investigate, and it'll make it's way to Bugzilla when it's replicated. If you do come across something you are *sure* is a bug (or would like to post a feature request), by all means please post to Bugzilla.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ushasharma84 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:43 am

hi James
Sorry for Duplicate Enteries.
I have not modified any code. But this count is not getting incremented. I am attaching the screenshot of the page on which it is always displaying 0. I have accessed these files for 7 times but counter always remains 0. Tell me if I m following a wrong approach. I am unable to understand why it is showing this behaviour.
Attachments
Attachement.docx
(181.4 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
ushasharma84

Postby mcrider » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi ushasharma84,

How are you accessing these submissions, i.e. through what URL?

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby ushasharma84 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:48 am

hi Matt
we are about to online our journals . Right now this application is running on LAN. We are in testing phase. To access a submission I click on PDF Icon of Articles and this url comes https://192.168.10.100/ojs-2.3.1-2/inde ... ew/175/162 then when i login through an Editors Role or Authors Role View Counter Remains on 0. no matter how many times I have downloaded it through a readers role. Am i following a wrong approach.
ushasharma84

Postby mcrider » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:44 am

Hi ushasharma84,

Hmm, we're not able to reproduce this on our end, so lets debug a bit further and see if the views are actually being set in your database (i.e. whether this is a setting problem or a displaying problem). Could you let us know the value of the 'views' column in the 'article_galleys' table of your database, where 'galley_id' equals 162? Also, what type of galley is that (PDF)?

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby ushasharma84 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:40 pm

hi Matt
Thanks for paying attention to my problem. The value of view column is 0 where galley_id=162 and galley type is pdf.
ushasharma84

Postby asmecher » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:09 am

Hi ushasharma84,

Unfortunately we're unable to duplicate this behavior from here. Would you be willing to provide me with credentials to log into your system with an Editor role?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ushasharma84 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:37 am

Hi Alec
I cant give you Editors Credential but You can log into system with Authors Credential . Credential I am attaching with file. There u can see Views Column which does not get incremented remains on 0. no matter how many times a file is either viewed or downloaded. There is an article called "my article" which i published in "Vol 1" which is in archive link. Now u urself can view articles or download it by readers role or by authors role. but in view column it will always display 0. website link is
http://epubs.icar.org.in/ejournal/index.php/IJAnS
ushasharma84

Postby asmecher » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:58 am

Hi ushasharma84,

Please don't post login credentials publicly; you can PM me privately with that sort of information.

That account doesn't help, as the only article in the Archive for that author has not been published. I'd need to see an account with a published article.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby ushasharma84 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:44 am

Hi Alec
Thanks for the advice. Next time I will take care of it and PM you for such information. I Think you did not check status of the article.This article has been published and If u will click on title of Article then in status it will show published in Vol 1. You can download that article by clicking on Archive Issues ("Vol 1") .Then u can see view field of this page http://epubs.icar.org.in/ejournal/index ... /completed which always displays 0 no matter how many times an article has been downloaded or accessed. Same problem is coming in Editors section. I hope I made u understand the exact problem.
ushasharma84

Postby asmecher » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:14 am

Hi ushasharma84,

Can you try disabling custom identifiers for galleys in Journal Setup page 4? Also, was this installation upgraded from a previous version, and if so, what upgrade method did you follow?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby ushasharma84 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:36 am

hi
We have hosted 2 jounals and I have disabled custom identifiers for galleys in Journal Setup page 4 in both of them but still view counter is not showing any increment in one of the journal but in another journal view counter is displaying correct value.Do I need to configure some another settings?
ushasharma84

Postby ushasharma84 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:49 am

hi
Problem Solved after disabling XMLGalley Generator Plugin
ushasharma84

Next

Return to OJS Development