OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Migration of 1.1.9 and 1.1.10 article files errors

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Migration of 1.1.9 and 1.1.10 article files errors

Postby tmreyno » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:59 pm

Hello,

working on some test migrations of 1x installs and running into problems. This is affecting 1.1.9 and 1.1.10 ojs migration to 2.1.0-1. first I am not sure if this is a coding error or permissions error on my part.

The reason for coding error suspect is the /ojs_test file has two year files 2005 and 2006. the warning and error messages says ojs_test2005/*doc and ojs_test2006/*doc and not ojs_test/2005/*doc or ojs_tes/2006/*doc. I did not look at the code to see how these errors are generated but may just be a error message typo.

Since the ojs_test directory and files have been changed to chmod 777 to remove permission issues during testing I am at a small loss as to where to determine the casue of these warnings and thus failure to import.

Here is snippet of the repeated list during import. Please advise!

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /directory/where/ojs/1x/files/located/ojs_test2005/HO-2005-6.doc (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /directory/where/ojs/2.1.0-1/files/located/classes/site/ImportOJS1.inc.php on line 1442

Warning: copy(/directory/where/ojs/1x/files/located/ojs_test2005/HO-2005-6.doc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /directory/where/ojs/2.1.0-1/files/located/classes/file/FileManager.inc.php on line 135
Failed to copy file /directory/where/ojs/1x/files/located/ojs_test2005/HO-2005-6.doc

Terry Reynolds
Reynolds Data Communications
tmreyno

Postby asmecher » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:03 pm

Hi Terry,

Generally, OJS 1.x is configured with a slash at the end of its files directory; try updating the files directory to explicitly contain a slash at the end. You should be able to do something like the following:
  • 1. Get the current file path to see if it needs a slash appended
    Code: Select all
    SELECT chFilePath FROM tbljournalconfig;
  • 2. Add a slash to the end of it
    UPDATE tbljournalconfig SET chFilePath = CONCAT(chFilePath, '/');
    (Note: The above query was corrected according to the note below)
I haven't checked to see what effects this may have on a live installation of OJS 1.x, so you may wish to perform this change on a duplicated database that's not being used for a live OJS 1.x instance.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
Last edited by asmecher on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
asmecher

Postby tmreyno » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:37 am

Hi Alec,

Thanks for the suggested fix but the syntax ; was incorrect. instead of

UPDATE tbljournalconfig SET chFilePath = CONCAT(chFilePath, ';');

it should read as

UPDATE tbljournalconfig SET chFilePath = CONCAT(chFilePath, '/');

Once that was worked out all went well. Throughout the docs and ojs v2.x website there are lots of little typos in the instructions that can sometime cause weird problems such as what I recently experienced. These are simple problems such as the hanging "/" path problems but are a pain non-the-less.

Cheers,

Terry Reynolds
Reynolds Data Communications
tmreyno

Return to OJS Technical Support