OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Harvesting OAI-ORE

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Harvesting OAI-ORE

Postby marchitelli » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:44 am

Hi, I'm looking for a plugin for exposing journal and article metadata via OAI-ORE, for harvesting OJS by DSpace (in DSpace 1.6 there is an harvester OAI-ORE http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-289).

I know that APSR has been developed a similar tool, http://pkp.sfu.ca/node/1646, but I can't find documentation for implementing it and I don't know if the plugin is updated and available for the community.

Someone can help me?

Andrea
marchitelli

Re: Harvesting OAI-ORE

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:22 am

Hi Andrea,

Alec can probably answer this question more clearly, but I think he's currently flying back from Norway. :D I'll send him a link to this thread though.

There's a SWORD 1.2 plugin, available in our plugin gallery here. But Alec has been doing a lot of work on SWORD support for the upcoming 2.3.2 release (see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5036, and the files here; there may be more that I'm missing). Take a look, and let us know if you have any questions. Alec should be able to fill in any blanks I'm missing shortly.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby marchitelli » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:30 am

Hi James, thank you for the reply.
The problem with the SWORD plugin is that in the previous release it needs a lot of work for patching DSpace.
Now, DSpace supports an OAI-ORE internal harvester, so, if OJS could be an OAI-ORE source, exposing metadata in this format, DSpace community can easily include articles published via OJS.

Maybe you know about DuraSpace, the alliance between DSpace and Fedora: I think that in the next few years DSpace will be an optimum for the digital preservation.

Andrea
marchitelli

Postby asmecher » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:28 pm

Hi Andrea,

OAI-ORE is somewhere on our radar, but not a huge priority until we run into a requirement ourselves or see a lot more interest in support. I've tested DSpace support with their current release and the OJS SWORD plugin, and the combination works very well -- in my meetings with some of the DuraSpace team (last November), they're throwing a lot of effort into SWORD support.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby gkelly » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:57 am

Hi,

Is there an update on ORE support?

I too would like to include automated link to an OJS journal from a dspace repository.

Cheers
Gareth
gkelly

Return to OJS Development