OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Changing Editor Decision into custom

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Changing Editor Decision into custom

Postby bubbleBoy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:38 am

Hi,
there is page on this path /sectionEditor/submissionReview/ that has parts on it...

ssubmission
peer review
editor decision
-accept submission
- revision required
- resubmit for review
- decline submission

I was wondering if there is way to change editor decision into different wording.
I could not find where is form is stored so I can change it.I found in locale.xml but wasnt sure where and how to change it without making problem to the site.

does anyone know how to change this?

thank you
bubbleBoy

Re: Changing Editor Decision into custom

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:32 am

Hi bubbleBoy,

All text in OJS is delivered from the locale files (eg. locale.xml). You can edit the file directly, or you can use the Custom Locale plugin (found in Journal Management -> System Plugins -> Generic) to make changes without hand-editing the files.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby bubbleBoy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi,
I was able to enable that plug in but how do i now actually change editor decisions into something custom.
I wasn't able to find where to change it
bubbleBoy

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:14 pm

Hi bubble boy,

You have to know which locale file the locale key is located in, and then find it using the Custom Locale interface. One of the keys you are looking for is in locale/en_US/editor.xml (in OJS 2.3.1) and looks like so:

Code: Select all
<message key="editor.article.decision.accept">Accept Submission</message>

So you have to find the editor.article.decision.accept key and change the text. You'll have to do this for every locale you support, and you'll have to repeat the process for the other keys you want to change in the system. The Custom Locale plugin does come with a key search function -- you can use this to search for specific keys (eg. editor.article.decision.accept) on a per-locale-file basis.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby marchitelli » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:00 am

Hi James,
is there a way to add an editor decision?
I would like to have

Accept
Minor Revisions
Major revisions
Resubmit for Review
Decline

It is not only a translation matter.

Thanks,
Andrea
marchitelli

Postby jmacgreg » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:25 am

Hi Andrea,

That's not possible with out a lot of extra coding. Are you folks able to do this? If so, I'll ask Matt or Alec to give you some pointers.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Carla » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:59 am

Hi all,

I hope that's the right place for this post...

I would like to link 2 rejection letters to editorial decision "decline submission" so that editor can choose between them.
I created a new prepared email but it seems that it is not possible to link newly create email to an editorial decision and moreover I am not sure that I can link two emails to the same editorial decision.

How can I do?

Maybe it's easier to add an editorial decision linked to the 2nd rejection letter, but is there a tutorial showing how to do it?

Thank you
Carla
Carla

Return to OJS Technical Support