OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Registration as Reviewer

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Registration as Reviewer

Postby nadeemshafique » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:23 am

Under prepared emails option the email template for Reviewer Regstration is something like this

"In light of your expertise, we have taken the liberty of registering your name in the reviewer database for {$journalName}. This does not entail any form of commitment on your part, but simply enables us to approach you with a submission to possibly review. On being invited to review, you will have an opportunity to see the title and abstract of the paper in question, and you'll always be in a position to accept or decline the invitation. You can also ask at any point to have your name removed from this reviewer list.

We are providing you with a username and password, which is used in all interactions with the journal through its website. You may wish, for example, to update your profile, change your password, including your reviewing interests.

Username: {$username}
Password: {$password}

Thank you,
{$principalContactSignature}"

But when I register someone as reviewer the emailed text is like this

"XYZ

You have now been registered as a user with Pakistan Journal of Statistics
and Operation Research. We have included your username and password in this
email, which are needed for all work with this journal through its website.
At any point, you can ask to be removed from the journal's list of users by
contacting me.

Username: abc
Password: EjN29jPW

Thank you,
uvw:

Why it is like this and how can I solve this problem.

Best Regards,

Nadeem
nadeemshafique

Re: Registration as Reviewer

Postby RickMath » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:50 am

Nadeem

You may want to check the prepared emails. My installation has three different review request emails that depend on the journal setup.

If you go to the prepared email list and edit each one you will find notes on when each of the prepared emails is used. It appears that it depends on what you use in the journal setup.

Maybe this will help. Just a thought.

Rick
RickMath

Postby nadeemshafique » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:27 pm

Dear RickMath,

Thanks for your response I have gone through all email templeates under prepared emails. The template of "Registration as Reviewer with {$journalName}" is there, but each time when I register someone (Reviewer, Author or Reader) with my journal the automatically distributed email used the template "Journal Registration". I wish that when I register a new reviewer the communicated email should use the "Registration as Reviewer" template.

Best Regards,

Nadeem
nadeemshafique

Postby lsoliveira » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:48 am

Hello.
I have the same problem. When I register someone (Reviewer, Author or Reader) in my journal, the automatically distributed email is the tamplate "Journal Registration". I would like to use the communicated email "Registration as Reviewer" template when I register a new reviewer instead of the template "Journal Registration".

Is there a solution for this problem?
lsoliveira

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi all,

That reviewer registration email is only used when an Editor registers a new user as a reviewer from the submission's review page. They do this by going to the submission's review page; clicking "Select Reviewer"; and then clicking "Create New Reviewer". This is the only time an Editor can actually register another user, incidentally.

Otherwise, we don't have any special mechanism that allows for custom emails per each user registration type, and we likely won't provide something like that in the near future. You may want to look at using the Editor's reviewer registration function described above to register your reviewers -- they aren't automatically assigned to the submission in question, so you shouldn't worry about them automatically receiving incorrect submissions to review. You can also do this as an ongoing process, whenever you need to register a new reviewer for a particular submission.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby lsoliveira » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:41 am

Dear James,
Thank you very muck for your quick reply. We'll make invitations to reviewers by the mechanism you mentioned, and thus, our problem is solved.
Best regards,
Sara
lsoliveira

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion