OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS/OCS Theme Plugin: Polished Theme

The Plugin Gallery is a venue for users of PKP software to share their plugins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
If you post a plugin here, please include information on which versions of which applications it is compatible with. Attach a tarball of the plugin (e.g. tar cvzf myPlugin-0.1.tar.gz plugins/generic/myPlugin). Thanks for contributing!

Should this theme be included in the default OJS/OCS releases?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes : 20

OJS/OCS Theme Plugin: Polished Theme

Postby mj » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:52 am

Hi all,

I've whipped up a simple theme to illustrate how easy it is to substantially change the look of OJS and OCS with just a few CSS rules and some background images. This is not comprehensive, and there are most likely cross-browser issues, as well as inconsistencies across the application. You may also have to edit the polished.css file to reflect your ojs installation path for the background images.

Hopefully it provides a good starting point for people looking to customize their journal, or just for a change of scenery.

MJ

Screenshot:
polished.png
polished.png (89.37 KiB) Viewed 9614 times
Attachments
polished-theme.zip
(4.21 KiB) Downloaded 1868 times
mj
Site Admin

Re: OJS/OCS Theme Plugin: Polished Theme

Postby blstzus » Thu May 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Hello,

I'm trying this theme. I found it nice.

However, don't you think that the buttons are too big (wide). Is there a way to make them smaller?

and, if you add another button in the navigation bar, the last button will go under 'home'. Especially when you use 1024x768 resolution and below. Anyway to fix that?

Thank you.
blstzus

Postby ushasharma84 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:40 am

when Im trying to install this plugin I am getting an error version.xml not found in directory however I have created a version.xml file in theme plugin directory.
ushasharma84

Postby jmacgreg » Wed May 26, 2010 10:36 am

Hi ushasharma84,

You should be able to copy a version.xml file from one of your other themes, and change it as appropriate (for example, by changing the theme name). However, you should also be able to use this theme without necessarily uploading a version.xml file; check Setup Step 5 to see if it already appears in your theme chooser.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to Plugin Gallery