OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Fatal Error

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

Fatal Error

Postby cmetrics » Fri May 21, 2010 12:07 pm

I'm getting the following error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getFormatClass() on a non-object in classes/oai/harvester/ArchiveOAI.inc.php on line 102

This happens when I try to validate it through open archives.org
cmetrics

Re: Fatal Error

Postby asmecher » Wed May 26, 2010 2:23 pm

Hi cmetrics,

Could you check to see what the value of $schemaPluginName is near that line of code, before the error message is triggered? Have you moved your installation recently, or added or removed a schema plugin?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby asmecher » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:20 am

Hi crusticrab,

This error message means that OHS was having difficulty requesting information from the specific harvester plugin (e.g. Dublin Core) an archive was using. Are you encountering exactly the same message, or just a similar one?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby michaelortiz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Hello there,

Sorry for refloat this thread, but actually I'm having the same trouble with our PKP-OHS installation... but the trouble is with user_id, public_archive_id, title, enabled, url, harvester_plugin and schema_plugin....

I've tried to see if there're patches for this issue, but cannot find anyone. In other words and more graphically, the OAI Interface works fine: http://www.rad.unam.mx/index.php/oai/request?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc

but when I try to reach one simple record http://www.rad.unam.mx/index.php/oai/request?verb=GetRecord&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&identifier=oai::record/875609 , I receive the error

Reviewing the database, in table Archives, the public_archive_id is empty.... by nature of the application dunno.Thanks in advance and keep the nice stuff going :mrgreen:

Regards
Miguel Angel
michaelortiz

Postby asmecher » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:43 pm

Hi Miguel Angel,

Did you upgrade your installation from a previous version, and if so, did you follow all the directions in docs/UPGRADE?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby michaelortiz » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:01 am

Nice to read yo Again Alec,

Sadly the OHS wasn't updated, I'm reading the lines of code to understand some modifying that could be for the Lucene/Solr integration, but cannot find any error. :shock:
michaelortiz

Postby asmecher » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:16 am

Hi Miguel Angel,

I'd suggest starting by upgrading to OHS 2.3.2; there are numerous minor bugfixes that have gone into 2.3.1 and 2.3.2 and you'll save yourself trying to fix those again.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby michaelortiz » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:49 pm

I've noticed that several patches to upgrade are offline, I'm going to try and gave feedback

Regards :mrgreen:
michaelortiz

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development