OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Sorting of titles in "Browse By Title"

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Sorting of titles in "Browse By Title"

Postby cleopatra7 » Tue May 18, 2010 6:36 am

I have a journal editor that had a suggestion concerning the way article titles are sorted and displayed when using Browse By Title.
If the titles start with "A" or "The", they would like the titles to be sorted using the next available word in the title with the "A" or "The" appended on the end of the title after a comma, such as "The Good Title" would be "Good Title, The". I'm not sure if this has been an concern with other journals or if there is any notion of changing the way titles are sorted within the system similar to this, but I told them I would look into this for them and see if anyone else had brought this issue up already. If there is If there is something that can be suggested that I can implement to make this possible or any other insight you can give me on this topic that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
cleopatra7

Re: Sorting of titles in "Browse By Title"

Postby jmacgreg » Thu May 20, 2010 10:03 am

Hi cleopatra7,

To my knowledge this hasn't been requested before. I've added this as a feature request here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5454. Please feel free to CC yourself for future updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development