OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to request the login page for newly integrated pages

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

How to request the login page for newly integrated pages

Postby Dalal » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:06 am

Hello everyone,

I have an issues and I really need your help.

I have created about three additional pages and integrated them to the OJS system. I would like to request the login page before accessing these new pages if the user is not yet logged or registered.

I appreciate your help so much
Dalal

Re: How to request the login page for newly integrated pages

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi Dalal,

How have you created those pages? You can't currently restrict access to pages created using the Static Pages plugin, but if you have created the pages in another way we may be able to help.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Dalal » Mon May 10, 2010 2:49 am

Hello James,
Sorry for my delayed reply.
I created my pages separately, by creating php files and uploading them to the server. I created links to those pages in the header menu of the OJS by simply replacing the reference with the URL of the pages.
The pages are kind of isolated from the whole OJS system.
However, I would like to request the login page to restrict users entering those pages without logging in.
Thank you in advance.
Dalal

Postby mcrider » Fri May 14, 2010 9:47 am

Hi Dalal,

Is there a reason you haven't used the static pages plugin? Doing something like this without the static pages plugin would take a good deal more work--You'll have to create the appropriate handlers in the pages/ directory, and corresponding templates in the templates/ directory. Using the static pages is a lot simpler IMHO :)

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby Dalal » Sat May 15, 2010 11:57 am

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

About the Static Pages plug-in, can I create PHP pages? I already have them, is it going to be easy to implement them using this plug-in?

As noted, if using such a plug-in, I can’t access the pages from the general website. I have to enter one of my journals and then I’ll find the link in the header. Do you have any idea if I can make the links visible in the general website?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Dalal
Dalal

Postby mcrider » Tue May 18, 2010 10:38 am

Hi Dalal,

IIRC, content for the static pages plugin is stored in the database, so you can't really use any PHP code in them (only HTML/javascript). You can create your own pages, but it would take a good deal of work and would require some familiarity with the system and definitely some PHP experience. To do this, I would suggest duplicating the 'about' directory in the pages/ and template/ directories, and renaming 'about' everywhere to the name of your new page (e.g. 'newStuff'). If you do this correctly you would then access your new pages through www.yourdomain.com/ojs/index.php/newStuff/. This is of course a very high level description of what to do--Actually doing this entails a significant amount of work, especially if you're not too familiar with OJS.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Return to OJS Development