OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

"In Press" issue/section

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

"In Press" issue/section

Postby pierredv » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:50 am

Hi Alec

I would like to publish articles as they are accepted in a special "in press" section, untill they are actually published in print, and then move them to their correct issue. I thought about creating a special menu item in die top horisontal menu bar linking to the 'in press" issue.

I have created a special "in press" issue. The problem with that is if I publish the issue, it becomes the current issue, which I dont want. Is there any way I can easily modify the publication date of the "in press" issue (without going into the coding?)

Alternatively I though about creating a "In Press" section in each journal from now on - and on a monthly basis add the accepted (but not yet published) manuscripts of that month to that section - and remove them later as they are published.

Any advice - is there another more elegant way?

Pierre
pierredv

Postby asmecher » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:07 am

Hi Pierre,

You'll need to update the current issue in the database. Use the following SQL statements:
Code: Select all
UPDATE issues SET current = 0;
UPDATE issues SET current=1 WHERE issue_id = [ID of real current issue here];

I'd suggest enabling custom issue identifers in the journal setup and assigning an issue ID of "inpress" to the in-press issue; this way, you can link to the issue using a URL like http://www.myjournal.com/index.php/issue/view/inpress (rather than hard-coding an issue ID).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby pierredv » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:35 am

Hi Alec

I just want to clarify:

1. The updating of the current issue in the database has to take place *after* I have published the "in press" issue?
2. What happens thereafter to the order of issues, when I publish new issues in future?
3. Where will the "in press" issue fit in the order after I have done all this?

Pierre
pierredv

Postby asmecher » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:45 pm

Hi Pierre,

Whenever you publish a new issue in OJS, it's automatically set to be the current issue. You'll need to update the current issue after you've published the "in-press" issue.

On the "Archives" page, issues are ordered as follows: the current issue is always first, and then issues are listed in descending order of date published (most recent first).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support