OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Custom Submission Process

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

Custom Submission Process

Postby elwan247 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi , It's Elwan

in my university we are going to use OCS for a conference of civil engineering .. but i have problem that the process of the paper submission is as followed

user submit Abstract but in File format not text box first

then after it's reviewed and accepted he should submit 2 files Fullpaper and Extended Abstract

i found the nearst process in OCS is the 4th one wich is Abstract followed by presentation ..

but the problem that in Abstract submission OCS only allow to Paste the Abstract as text .. and in Full paper he can only upload one file as full paper .. i thought the extended abstract can be supplementary file .... but what about abstract how can i make it accept upload file ..

Please advise according my process and how to carry it out with OCS
elwan247

Re: Custom Submission Process

Postby jmacgreg » Thu May 06, 2010 10:51 am

Hi Elwan,

You may want to experiment with the "Full Proposal" submission method. Request that they first submit their abstract; then when that is accepted, your Director can choose the Revisions Required decision, at which point they send an email to the author requesting that they upload their full version. OCS doesn't currently allow for multiple submission files (outside of supplementary files), so you'll have to ask for both of these files in one file, and then split them yourself and reupload as presentation galleys; or you'll have to ask them to upload one or the other as a supplementary files (provided you have enabled supplementary files).

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Custom Submission Process

Postby elwan247 » Thu May 06, 2010 11:12 am

Thanks Alot James
elwan247

Return to General Discussion