OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

problema with special characters (spanish)

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

problema with special characters (spanish)

Postby dsanchez » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:28 pm

Hello guys

I am having this problem:

"Seleccione todos los locales que soportará el sitio. Los locales seleccionados estarán disponibles para cualquier revista, también aparecerán en un menú de selección de idioma en todas las páginas (puede ser eliminado en páginas específicas de una revista). Si no se seleccionan múltiples locales, el menú de selección de idioma no aparecerá y no se estarán disponibles las funciones de idiomas adicionales para las revistas. "

I already converted every "UTF-8" text in EVERY file in the OJS directory to "iso-8859-1", however the problem persist.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

David.
dsanchez

Postby asmecher » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:47 pm

Hi dsanchez,

With OJS 2.x, I'd definitely recommend using UTF-8 instead of ISO-8859-1. However, if you need to use ISO-8859-1, check to make sure you've entered the correct character set in your config.inc.php file under the [i18n] section in the client_charset directive.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby dsanchez » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:44 pm

I have set up

; Client output/input character set
client_charset = iso-8859-1

still nothing :?

My website:

http://ceos.pucp.edu.pe/dia/proyectos/r ... itas/about

David.

asmecher wrote:Hi dsanchez,

With OJS 2.x, I'd definitely recommend using UTF-8 instead of ISO-8859-1. However, if you need to use ISO-8859-1, check to make sure you've entered the correct character set in your config.inc.php file under the [i18n] section in the client_charset directive.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
dsanchez

Postby asmecher » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:17 pm

Hello dsanchez,

Your locale files are still UTF-8 encoded, but the header now indicates ISO-8859-1. The content needs to match the headers; either transcode the contents of your locale file to ISO-8859-1 or change the locale.xml header back to UTF-8.

Is there any particular reason you need to use ISO-8859-1?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby dsanchez » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:09 am

Thank you, I could find it out.

Regarding the question about ISO-8859-1 I would say most of websites use this encoding, including all the servers in our University :)

Thanks again.

David-

asmecher wrote:Hello dsanchez,

Your locale files are still UTF-8 encoded, but the header now indicates ISO-8859-1. The content needs to match the headers; either transcode the contents of your locale file to ISO-8859-1 or change the locale.xml header back to UTF-8.

Is there any particular reason you need to use ISO-8859-1?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
dsanchez

UTF-8 Encoding

Postby ramon » Wed May 10, 2006 11:21 am

Setting the server to use multiple sets for different folders is very simple.
You need to change the httpd.conf file with the correct settings to accomplish this.

The system, since 1.7, uses UTF-8 as a W3C recommendation for I18N and as a requisite for OAI-PMH compliant systems.
ramon

Return to OJS Technical Support