OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

variables in template

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

variables in template

Postby readytopark » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:35 am

i've been working on OJS and starting to figure out its structure is designed to work very efficiently.. i think it's got a really good design.

but, I've run into one problem dealing with variables in template(*.tpl)

For instance, there's a variable, $content|nl2b in information.tpl and I have COMPLETE no idea where that variable is defined..

I discovered that It's related to "default.journalSettings.forAuthors" key value in locale.xml, but I can't figure out how they are connected and finally shown right in the web page..

Does anybody know how it works..???

Anything will help.. Thank you.!
readytopark

Re: variables in template

Postby swing » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:18 am

Hi readytopark,
template variables (like this one) are defined (and assigned to the template) in the appropriate page class (in this case in pages/information/InformationHandler.inc.php).
Maybe you are also interested to read the technical reference: http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/OJSTechnicalReference.pdf, chapter Design Overview, i.e. Request Handling?
Regards
swing

Return to OJS Development