OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS 1.1.8 TO 2.1

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

OJS 1.1.8 TO 2.1

Postby marcio » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:07 pm

When I try to import my old OJS magazines to the OJS new version in page'Import from 1.x version' , appears a error message
DB Error: Table 'ojs.journals' doesn't exist
DB Error: Table 'ojs.sessions' doesn't exist

What I have to do???

Marcio
marcio

Postby asmecher » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:12 pm

Hi Marcio,

Is your OJS 2.1 deployment fully installed and configured? If so, and you're not sure what the problem is, feel free to contact us at pkp-support@sfu.ca with specific details about your system.

One thing to try: Some older deployments of OJS 1.x connect to the database in include/db.php as follows:
Code: Select all
// initiate a new database connection
 $db = new db_connection($db_config[type]);
if($db->connect($db_config[host], $db_config[port], $db_config[uname], $db_config[password], $db_config[pconnect], $db_config[name])) {
        $db_connected = true;
} else {
        $db_connected = false;
}
This can disrupt OJS 2.x's own database connection; you can prevent this from happening by commenting out the above section of code before performing the migration.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Solution

Postby marcio » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:31 pm

Thanks, but I have already found out a solution, to upgrade for 2.x version it must upgrade the 1.x version for 1.1.10 version first.....

seya and thanks

Marcio
marcio

Re: OJS 1.1.8 TO 2.1

Postby mpatti » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Hi,

I’m using OJS to run a journal site.

This is being run on a Windows 2003 server, 32-bit, with IIS 6 hosting the site, and MySQL 5.1 storing the data (also on the server).

I had to restart my server last night, and after the restart, the MySQL service was hung in a starting state. To correct the problem, I took a backup of:

ib_logfile0
ib_logfile1
ibdata1

and then deleted those files from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\data

I then restarted MySQL (which took around 20 minutes to complete), which created new files with those same names, but with a drastically smaller size for the ibdata1 file (10,240KB, down from 26,624KB).

After the service restart, I went to the site homepage, and saw the following error message:

DB Error: Table 'ojs.sessions' doesn't exist

I saw a posting here about that issue (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=734), but I’m not sure this applies to my situation. I haven’t performed any upgrades recently.

When I load the database in MySQL Workbench, and run the query “SELECT * FROM ojs.sessions;” I’m getting the same error message “Error Code 1146. Table ‘ojs.sessions’ doesn’t exist.

I am not a MySQL expert, but I’m stumped by this. If I can browse to the table in MySQL Workbench, how can it not exist? The table definitions are stored under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\data\ojs, and in that folder, I see all the .FRM files for the tables.

I’m at a loss as to how to restore my data, if it has in fact been lost. Do I just need to roll back to the archived copy of ibdata1 and try again?

Thanks in advance for your help with this.
mpatti

Postby asmecher » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:07 pm

Hi Michael,

You might be better off exploring some MySQL-related forums for this -- your MySQL install now has inconsistent files and that's why it appears to be behaving irrationally. I'd suggest using the MySQL repair tools (e.g. mysqlcheck) to see whether the damage is repairable. The "sessions" table itself is unimportant (it can be recreated without problems) but it's likely that other data will be missing as well.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby JasonNugent » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:55 am

Hi Michael,

In addition to Alec's advice, it sounds like your MySQL installation is using Innodb tables for data storage. That's what was in those ibdata files. MySQL will always maintain the metadata files for the tables outside of the ibdata files (those are the .frm files you found), but it merges *all* Innodb data for a database in a single file. Moreover, it uses a single ibdata storage set for *all* of your databases, not just your OJS one. So you probably need to restore from backup. You may even have to roll back to an older snapshot for your other databases, if you have any.

The best way to solve these sorts of problems is usually to re-import from a mysql database dump, which is storage engine agnostic.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support