OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

[SOLVED] Bug setting reading tools.

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

[SOLVED] Bug setting reading tools.

Postby mbria » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:49 am

Hi,

First, thanks you all for the great work done. Recently I found time to really digg into your tool and I need to say that more I know, more I love it.

It's a brave, solid and smart tool that public institutions as mine need to thank you a lot to make it free (as free speach), and also as free beer.

I started my OJS installation thinking in writing a mini-howto (for personal use) but I found plenty of choices so now I'm in front of 30 pages of documentation (in Spanish) detailing how to install, setup and play with your system, steep by steep, from a very practical case. :-P

I will free this "practical manual" as soon as I finish (and review) it, that won't never be a substitute for the official and impressive OJS's documentation... but could be useful for those that aren't patient enough to read, reflect and act.

OK... enough introduction. :-)

In one of those configuration steeps, working over a brand new and cleanly installed OJS2.1 with Spanish as the default language and on a debian php4 sytem, when I arrived to "index.php/mytestJournal/rtadmin/validateUrls" I found this error:

Code: Select all
Author's work
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: smarty_modifier_validate_url() in /var/www/test/atheneaDigital/cache/t_compile/%%E5^E51^E51D61B5%%validate.tpl.php on line 28

It's just me? Is it reported somewere? I'm sure you will need more information about the error... so just let me know.

Thanks again for your excellent work,

marc (that is not Marc :lol: )
Last edited by mbria on Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
mbria

Postby asmecher » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:49 am

Hi marc,

Very glad to hear OJS 2 is working for you!

No, we haven't seen that message before; perhaps it's due to a bug in the template pre-compile process. Try deleting /var/www/test/atheneaDigital/cache/t_compile/%%E5^E51^E51D61B5%%validate.tpl.php and see if the problem persists; please post back here once you've tried.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

It worked...

Postby mbria » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:27 am

Cleaning cache was enough to fix the issue.
It takes a looong time to build the whole page, but it works.

I can't belive I didn't thought in it by my own. :-P

Thanks again for your help and thanks a lot for OJS.

Cheers,

m.
mbria

Return to OJS Technical Support