It sounds like you haven't added any galleys to your submissions; you can do this through the Section Editor or Editor's submission Editing page.
There are currently two ways of getting articles into the system: through the submission process (which you've been using), and using the import/export tools and XML. For batch imports, I'd suggest looking into the import/export tools; if you only have a few articles to bring in, or you're not familiar with XML, use the submission process.
Although there are a few steps you need to perform to get an article through the submission process, you can skip most of the editing features. You'll still need to:
- As an Author, submit the article.
- As an Editor:
- Assign a Section Editor
- Designate the original file as the review version
- In the Editor Decisions area, accept the submission (see bottom of Review page).
- Send the Editor Version to Copyediting (see bottom of Review page)
- Go to the Editing page and upload a galley. This is the version that readers will see.
- Send the submission to scheduling.
You should now be able to go into Scheduling as an Editor and create an issue.
Open Journal Systems Team