OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problems with yearly Stats & Reports

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Problems with yearly Stats & Reports

Postby ramon » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:15 pm

Hello all,

We're having trouble understanding how the Stats & Reports work on OJS.
In 2009, we published 2 regular issues while also publishing back issues from 1994 to 1972.
We "fixed" the publishing and submission dates from the back issues which added published items to them in the statistics.

However, the regular 2009 issues have 21 items published (one with 10, the other with 11 articles), but in the Stats & Reports page of 2009 there are only 9 published items.
We have 120 articles submitted in 2009 alone, while some from 2008 may also have been published in 2009 (haven't checked this!).

How are this stats defined?
What can we do to "fix" our stats even further?
ramon

Re: Problems with yearly Stats & Reports

Postby jmacgreg » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Hi Ramon,

Just a couple of things I can think of to check before bumping this up: can you give us any detail on how the 2009 articles were published -- that is, did they all go through the standard review/editorial/scheduling procedure? And is there any strange inflation of the 2008 published items going on?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ramon » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Hello James,

Hopefully the attached document will make this clearer.
During the year 2009, past issues were published (from 1995 back to 1972), while the regular process was also available.
We altered the database, setting the date_submitted and date_published in their respective tables to the date of publication of the articles respective issues (except 2009, of course).
While we did this, the article count (items published) for 2009 dropped to 9, while in the issue listing page it is quite clear that there are 21 items published for both 2009 issues.

While trying to fix the stats, this problem came up.
Attachments
stats_reports_issue.doc
Screenshots of Stats & Reports page and Issue Archive listing.
(435 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
ramon

Postby mcrider » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi Ramón,

I've reproduced this behavior--Keep an eye on http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5294 for a fix to this.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby mcwilson » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:54 pm

I have looked at the bug report link. I think we have the same problem. We used Quick Submit to upload old issues in 2013. They are listed as being published in the correct years (because we set this before publishing the issues). However they are all listed as being submitted, etc, in 2013. In other words, when clicking on Statistics under About, users see "Issues Published: 1" and everything else 0 for years before 2013, while for 2013 they see "issues published: 0" and other things nonzero that should be zero.

I would like to start from scratch in 2013, and reset everything to zero (I am not worried about previous years, because we don't have correct statistics on reviewing time, etc). Do we need to manipulate the database directly, or is there another way? If we do, which items are we looking for?
mcwilson

Return to OJS Technical Support