OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Need to modify Homepage Sidebars and Main Area

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Need to modify Homepage Sidebars and Main Area

Postby Dalal » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:55 am

Hello everyone,

I have three issues and I really need your help.

Q1: I need to a link to a MS doc in either right or left side bar in home page and other pages, where can I find the template or file responsible for this?

Q2: On either left or right side bar, I would like to list the editorial team. Do I need to retrieve it from the corresponding table in the database, or is there other way to so?

Q3: I need to place the "For Readers" and "For Authors" section in the middle of the home page, any suggestions to do this?

I appreciate your help so much
Dalal

Re: Need to modify Homepage Sidebars and Main Area

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi Dalal,

Q1: I need to a link to a MS doc in either right or left side bar in home page and other pages, where can I find the template or file responsible for this?

You may wan to take a look at the Custom Block plugin, available from Journal Management -> System Plugins -> Generic -> Custom Block.

Q2: On either left or right side bar, I would like to list the editorial team. Do I need to retrieve it from the corresponding table in the database, or is there other way to so?

Ditto. There have also been threads about listing the editorial board on this forum -- a search for something like "editorial board sidebar" should turn them up.

Q3: I need to place the "For Readers" and "For Authors" section in the middle of the home page, any suggestions to do this?

There's no way currently to place block content in the middle of the page via the GUI, but you may be able to do this by looking at the block template code (in plugins/blocks/information), and replicating the code in the relevant central template file. To have this information appear on every page, you'll probably want to put the code into either the header or footer template files; these are found in templates/common, or in lib/pkp/templates/common if you're using OJS 2.3+.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Need to modify Homepage Sidebars and Main Area

Postby Dalal » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:58 am

James thank you very very very very much, I really appreciate your effort and time to help me.
Dalal

Return to OJS Development