OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OCS Jalali Calendar Plugin

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

Postby ehsantux » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:31 am

Hi my friends...
I am translating OCS to Farsi & I want to localize it to persian culture. for this reason I want to write a Jalali Calendar Plugin for OCS...
Could you please tell me how I can develop a plugin?
Thanks.
Best wishes.
ehsantux

Re: OCS Jalali Calendar Plugin

Postby asmecher » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:27 am

Hi ehsantux,

Have you tried the Jalali plugin for OJS? It should be available from the Plugin Gallery. It was written for OJS, but should also work for OCS, though I haven't tried it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

How to use jalali Calender

Postby behrad » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:08 am

Hi
i get jalali Calender but how can use it?
and what it convert all calender to shamsi?

thanks.
behrad

Postby asmecher » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:32 am

Hi behrad,

There are instructions at http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3538 for the installation and use of the plugin. I'm not familiar with Shamsi, but perhaps someone else can comment.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

problem in use OCS Jalali Calendar Plugin

Postby behrad » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:19 am

Hi.
i use above instruction but calender don not work!
eg. dates in search page do not change?
what is problem?

thanks.
behrad.
behrad

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi Behrad,

Are you using it in conjunction with the Farsi locale -- that is, are you viewing the site in Farsi as well? And can you provide us with a link to the site?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby behrad » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:45 am

Hi
i am in farsi locale!
this conference site ever is local! but journal site is : http://journals.ihu.ac.ir

in conference
when i copy jalali in path: \plugins\generic\jalali i have this error:

Warning: Missing argument 3 for Plugin::getSetting(), called in D:\xampp\htdocs\conf\plugins\generic\jalali\JalaliPlugin.inc.php on line 92 and defined in D:\xampp\htdocs\conf\classes\plugins\Plugin.inc.php on line 168

Notice: Undefined variable: name in D:\xampp\htdocs\conf\classes\plugins\Plugin.inc.php on line 171

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\xampp\htdocs\conf\classes\plugins\Plugin.inc.php:168) in D:\xampp\htdocs\conf\classes\template\TemplateManager.inc.php on line 303
behrad

Postby mcrider » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:19 am

Hi behrad,

The plugin was written for OJS so it may very well just not work for OCS. Also, it was written for OJS 2.2.1, so if you are trying it on a newer version (2.3+) of OCS or OJS, it might especially not work. If you have some development resources, we could possibly help you with some advice on getting this plugin up-to-date with your system.

CHeers,
Matt
mcrider

Return to OCS Development