OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

$weekLaterDate

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

$weekLaterDate

Postby jstorimer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:23 pm

I have an out-of-the-blue question about some code I stumbled upon a few days ago.

On this line http://github.com/pkp/ojs/blob/master/c ... c.php#L235 what is the purpose of $weekLaterDate? From what I can tell this is when the reviewer should receive a reminder about the review, however this value is configurable in the Journal Setup so I'm not sure why it would be hardcoded to one week.
jstorimer

Re: $weekLaterDate

Postby swing » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:14 am

Hello,
The variable "$weekLaterDate" is used in the email template/text for a review request (and not for the reminder):
"... Please log into the journal web site by {$weekLaterDate} to indicate whether you will undertake the review or not, as well as to access the submission and to record your review and recommendation. ..."
Regards

p.s.
I hope you don't have so many of those "out-of-the-blue" (whatever this means) questions... ;-)
swing

Re: $weekLaterDate

Postby jstorimer » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:50 pm

By out of the blue I just meant that I stumbled upon the code in question by accident and was curious about it. Thanks for clearing that up.
jstorimer

Return to OJS Development