You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Postby janer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:09 am

Is it possible please to upload datasets that relate to a paper so that they are accessible via a live link but not in the Contents List? We want to put occasional statistical tutorials in our journal and hence need this facility.

I have been told that such a facility is mandatory in some US journals, so that the readers can doublecheck the findings of a research paper should they so wish to.

If it is possible, I should be grateful for instructions please - we are running OJS 2.2.1.

Many thanks

Re: Datasets

Postby swing » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:55 am

I am not sure if I understand correctly what you need, but...
There is a possibility to upload supplemental files to a publication. They can be accessed via an URL and are not visible in the table of contents. (There is a link to supplemental files in reading tools, if the reading tools are activated). They somehow belong/relate to the publication (according to their meaning, as the name suggests it, they supplement a publication). So, if this is what you need (because you said "that relate to a paper") ...
Else, another possibility, maybe, is to use the static pages plug-in (s. http://lib-pkp.lib.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/Ojs_plugins or viewtopic.php?t=3437&f=28). I don't know if it can be used with 2.2.1 but it is definitely in 2.2.4.
Hope this helps somehow...

Return to OJS Development