OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Editor vs. Admin

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Editor vs. Admin

Postby pjohanneson » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:39 pm

Am I correct in assuming that anyone set up as an editor has admin privileges as well? (ie, can change the look and feel of the journal, add new editors, etc etc)

It's not a problem -- I'm just curious.

-pat
pjohanneson

Postby kevin » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:14 pm

That is correct. In future versions of OJS management and editorial roles will be separate.
kevin

Postby Rinke Hoekstra » Wed May 12, 2004 1:00 am

When can we expect a new version with editor and management-privileges separated?

Just checking, because otherwise I would implement it (well.... hack it) myself...

Cheers, and thanks for a great product!
Rinke Hoekstra

Postby kevin » Wed May 12, 2004 7:09 pm

The next major release is planned for the second half of this year.
kevin

Postby Rinke Hoekstra » Mon May 17, 2004 7:00 am

Ok thanks,
Adding an Administrator role myself is not such a big deal anyway, I already found out: your code is clean!
Rinke Hoekstra

Postby pjohanneson » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:27 pm

Rinke Hoekstra wrote:Ok thanks,
Adding an Administrator role myself is not such a big deal anyway, I already found out: your code is clean!

Do you mind sharing how you created the Admin role? I'd love to implement something...

-pat
pjohanneson

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion