OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

1st time installation iis7, php 5.2.12

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

1st time installation iis7, php 5.2.12

Postby MarkCox » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:01 am

I'm trying to install OJS on a windows 2008 server, running IIS7 and PHP FASTCGI 5.2.12 installed using Microsoft Web Platform Installer.

The server is also host to another web site which is running sucessfully under ASPNET.

I have unzipped the OJS 2.2.4 files to C:\inetpub\wwwroot \ojs-2.2.4 - opened up the permissions on cache, public etc

But when I point my browser at http://localhost/ojs-2.2.4 I get a blank page

using a browser from another system I get:

Warning: include(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ojs-2.2.4\cache\t_compile\%%7D^7DC^7DC17B21%%install.tpl.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ojs-2.2.4\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1270

Warning: include(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ojs-2.2.4\cache\t_compile\%%7D^7DC^7DC17B21%%install.tpl.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ojs-2.2.4\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1270

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ojs-2.2.4\cache\t_compile\%%7D^7DC^7DC17B21%%install.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ojs-2.2.4/includes;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ojs-2.2.4/classes;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ojs-2.2.4/pages;Cetpub\wwwroot\ojs-2.2.4/lib;C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ojs-2.2.4/lib/smarty;.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ojs-2.2.4\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1270

The files all exist.

I guess this is a permissions issue? Or a failed PHP installation/configuration. (Not sure why C:\Php5 is in this error as PHP is installed in C:\program files\PHP)

I'd welcome some guidance/pointers to the underlying issue.

Where does PHP/OJS put their Error logs - does this functionality need turning on somewhere.

MySql is suitably prepared for running the install script - but I guess this isn't being tested until php code runs as desired.

Thanks in advance

Mark
MarkCox

Re: 1st time installation iis7, php 5.2.12

Postby MarkCox » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:53 am

I resolved the problem (sort of) by installing v 2.2.3.0

But I have a new problem that when I go to install OJS from the opening webpage it gives an error:

'Errors occurred during installation:

•The public files directory does not exist or is not writable.'

But it also informs me:

'•config.inc.php is writable (optional): Yes
•public/ is writable: Yes
•cache/ is writable: Yes
•cache/t_cache/ is writable: Yes
•cache/t_compile/ is writable: Yes
•cache/_db is writable: Yes'

I have checked that public/ is writable by the same a/c that can access the MySql database as well as by the local IIS_IUSRS a/c

The uploads folder can similarly be accessed by these a/cs

Any solutions?

I'm getting very frustrated in my inability to getting OJS installed.

Mark
MarkCox

Postby asmecher » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:18 am

Hi Mark,

I suspect all the problems you're encountering are permissions-related -- there are very few differences between 2.2.3 and 2.2.4, so if possible, I'd suggest going back to that version. Your first post is related to permissions problems in cache/t_compile/; your second relates to public/.

The error you're seeing re: the public files directory can be triggered from two places. First OJS checks that the directory is writable using php's is_writable function; the result of this check is also displayed in the installation form, and as you've noted, it's passing OK. Then OJS tries to create a few directories in the public directory, and it looks to me like that's what's failing.

Unfortunately I'm not particularly experienced with file permissions and PHP on a Windows platform, but I suspect you can find some details if you google around. We're just using PHP's vanilla file manipulation functions.

OJS logs errors through PHP's error log. This could go to a number of places, depending on your php.ini error logging configuration.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby MarkCox » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:37 am

I managed to resolve by allowing the group 'Everyone' access to the two folders - the windows user group 'IIS_IUSRS' was not sufficient.

This may be useful info for Winodws users.

Mark
MarkCox

Postby kennymatthew » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Dear Mark,

I also have been trying to install OJS on win7 with IIS and SQLSRV instead of MYSQL. IF you also used SQLSRV, could you please let me know the steps you used to complete the installation?
I get the install page i selected ODBC driver and filled pass, user and host but when i click install i get "A database error has occurred: An unknown database connection error has occurred."

Regards,
Kenny Mathew
kennymatthew

Postby asmecher » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:02 am

(See also this thread.)
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support