OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Is it possible to edit user registration form?

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Is it possible to edit user registration form?

Postby ifloresc » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:20 pm

The system is amazing and is very powerful. I have some questions and I am sorry if they are stupid questions.
1. I am wandering if it is possible to add or delete fields in the user registration form. Or even make some fields required (for example affiliation).
2. I was wondering if it is possible to upload a file with registration (CV) - I need to see if I can support some registrants and they are legitimate students.
3. I know this question was answered before -saw it on the forum: creating a participants list from within OCS is not implemented yet, but is it possible for example using myphpadmin to export for example participant names, affiliation and email to a csv file? Sorry for the last question I am just not that good with mysql

In any case thanks for any answers, I am still sorting through all the options available and how to set up the paypal account but so far was very cool.
ifloresc

Re: Is it possible to edit user registration form?

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:29 am

Hi Ifloresc,

Glad you're liking the software! See below for answers:

1. I am wandering if it is possible to add or delete fields in the user registration form. Or even make some fields required (for example affiliation).

You can do this, but you'll have to edit the underlying codebase yourself. There are a fair number of threads on the forum about adding/removing form fields, and also about making fields required -- just search using those as keywords.

2. I was wondering if it is possible to upload a file with registration (CV) - I need to see if I can support some registrants and they are legitimate students.

Not currently -- again, you could add this functionality, but it would be a significant amount of work. One workaround would be to add some text in the Registration Information field (under Conference Management -> Registration -> Registration Policies) asking people to email the Director their CV.

3. I know this question was answered before -saw it on the forum: creating a participants list from within OCS is not implemented yet, but is it possible for example using myphpadmin to export for example participant names, affiliation and email to a csv file? Sorry for the last question I am just not that good with mysql

You can use the Registrants report, available from Conference Management -> Stats & Reports.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ifloresc » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:58 am

Thank you very much for the answers
ifloresc

Postby mga » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:40 pm

Maybe related to this question: How can I remove the REVIEWER checkbox in the registration form so that the "average Joe" cannot register him/herself as reviewer?
mga

Postby jamief » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:21 am

mga wrote:Maybe related to this question: How can I remove the REVIEWER checkbox in the registration form so that the "average Joe" cannot register him/herself as reviewer?

This is done at setup for each conference. You can reduce registrants down to paper submitters if you like. In the setup, you will see a series of check boxes, toward the bottom of the setup page, uncheck Readers
jamief

Postby mga » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:41 am

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Can this be done for an already-installed conference? The link is: http://sigradi2010.uniandes.edu.co/
mga

Postby jamief » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:49 am

Yes. The organiser of the conference can enter and go back into the configuration settings.
I haven't seen where this is done, but perhaps one work around is to enter as conference organiser and change the Reader Registration date to a previous date thus closing this option. This is done in Conference Timetable and Information link in the Current Conference menu system when logged in as confernce organiser.
jamief

Postby mga » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:35 pm

Thanks! Hadn't thought about that. I put "Reviewer registration opened" and "Reviewer registration closed" on dates before today.
mga

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion