OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

submissions missing

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

submissions missing

Postby igotea » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:38 am

Hi Alec,

after upgrading to 2.3, as a Director of conference i cannot see all the submissions;

I have the following errors:

[12-Feb-2010 11:14:20] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method String::ucfirst() in /var/www/html/ocs/plugins/citationFormats/apa/ApaCitationPlugin.inc.php on line 55
[12-Feb-2010 11:15:59] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method Conference::getLocalizedTitle() in /var/www/html/ocs/cache/t_compile/%%0F^0FD^0FD7FDF2%%citation.tpl.php on line 24
[12-Feb-2010 11:17:52] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method SchedConf::getLocalizedTitle() in /var/www/html/ocs/cache/t_compile/%%81^81F^81F30DA6%%citation.tpl.php on line 25
12-Feb-2010 11:50:49] ocs2 has produced an error
Message: WARNING: in_array() [<a href='function.in-array'>function.in-array</a>]: Wrong datatype for second argument
In file: /var/www/html/ocs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php
At line: 161

[12-Feb-2010 12:31:39] NOTICE: Use of undefined constant SUBMISSION_DIRECTOR_DECISION_ACCEPT - assumed 'SUBMISSION_DIRECTOR_DECISION_ACCEPT' (/var/www/html/ocs/classes/submission/trackDirector/TrackDirectorSubmissionDAO.inc.php:483)

It sow me that I have 11 papers in review, but only six are displayed. If I submit a new paper I cannot find it. Also, the automatic emails are empty.

My coference is: http://conferences.usamvcj.ro/index.php ... gxii/index

What could be this time ?

Regards, Ionut
igotea

Re: submissions missing

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:55 am

Hi Ionut,

There are several things happening here. Try patching the following:For the missing submissions, make sure that there are entries in the paper_authors table to match that article_id.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby igotea » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:56 am

Hi Alec,

I have applied two of the patch, this one http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5148 not, cannot find the file to patch

Why the director of the conference cannot see all the papers of other track directors ?

As for the missing papers i have not yet started the search, my connection to internet from the office is not good at this moment.

Thanks, Ionut
igotea

Postby igotea » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi Alec,

after applying the patch, the errors in the php log are:

[12-Feb-2010 20:58:14] NOTICE: Use of undefined constant HANDLER_CLASS - assumed 'HANDLER_CLASS' (/var/www/html/ocs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php:160)
[12-Feb-2010 20:58:14] ocs2 has produced an error
Message: WARNING: array_map() [<a href='function.array-map'>function.array-map</a>]: Argument #2 should be an array
At line: 160
Stacktrace:
Server info:
PHP Version: 5.2.6
Apache Version: Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
DB Driver: mysql
DB server version: 5.0.77
[12-Feb-2010 20:58:14] ocs2 has produced an error
Message: WARNING: in_array() [<a href='function.in-array'>function.in-array</a>]: Wrong datatype for second argument
At line: 161
Stacktrace:
Server info:
PHP Version: 5.2.6
Apache Version: Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
DB server version: 5.0.77
[12-Feb-2010 20:58:14] ocs2: 404 Not Found

Ionut
igotea

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:34 pm

Hi Ionut,

You can apply the patch for bug #5148 in the lib/pkp directory.

Start by checking the paper_authors table as described above, then let me know what the results are.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby igotea » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Hi Alec,

I have applied the patch in lib/pkp and the result is:
Code: Select all
# patch -p0 < bug5148.diff
patching file classes/core/String.inc.php
Hunk #1 FAILED at 13.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 204.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file classes/core/String.inc.php.rej

Ionut
igotea

Postby asmecher » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:56 am

Hi Ionut,

That patch appears to be dependent on other changes that have gone into the library since OCS 2.3.0 was released. You're probably better off removing the "String::" part of the "String::ucfirst" call in your earlier error message and waiting for the next release to come out with a more complete fix.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby ramon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:32 pm

Hello all,

I'm sorry to resurrect such an old post, but I've come across an invalid argument for array error.
This is apparently a stock 2.3.5 OCS install, but PHP is 5.1.6, MySQL 5.0.95 and RedHat (can't tell what version is it).
This is basically the log produced:
Code: Select all
[error] [client 187.15.176.38] ocs2 has produced an error
At line: 164
Stacktrace:
Server info:
PHP Version: 5.1.6
Apache Version: Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat)
DB server version: 5.0.95, referer: http://academia.inpi.gov.br/ocs/index.php/enapid/enapid/schedConf/cfp
[Fri Jul 27 15:32:36 2012]

[error] [client 187.15.176.38] ocs2: 404 Not Found, referer: http://academia.inpi.gov.br/ocs/index.php/enapid/enapid/schedConf/cfp

Can these produce the following error?
When trying to register to the event or register to the site, OCS registration form prevents registration with a warning that the username (login) is already in use.

I checked the conference settings and it is NOT open access, requires visitors to register to access, view and comment.
The author registration dates are all for july 13, and there is delayed open access to october 25 (day after the last day of the conference).
Registration types are all free, but the conference is not public, so I think that may be preventing users from registering.
Is my assumption correct?

I have admin access. If you need it, PM me so I can forward it.

Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia - IBICT
Ministério da Ciência e Tecnologia - MCT
ramon

Postby asmecher » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi Ramón,

I can't think of a way that the message you see could cause the behavior you describe. The warning is cosmetic. I suspect checking to see whether that username actually exists in the users table would be a good place to start; I'd wager that the account does already exist but the conference manager is having trouble finding it in the user management tools because it doesn't have any roles.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby ramon » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:42 am

Hello Alec,

The problem is that we've tried multiple logins and usernames.
Registration is being blocked somehow, as well as registration in the event.
The users don't exist in the database as well and they don't get created.
Since I don't have access to the server, I can't tail the log during registration to see what's happening.

Could none of the configurations cause this behavior either?

Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia - IBICT
Ministério da Ciência e Tecnologia - MCT
ramon

Return to OCS Technical Support