OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Notification Email After Paypal Payment

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Re: Notification Email After Paypal Payment

Postby RickMath » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:26 am

Michael

I pasted the completed paypal plugin that you sent on 1/26 into the file. The patch for 2.1.2 did not work so I substituted the file you attached.

The registered user gets an email and I do too.

Everything works fine now but in addition to above I get an error on login. It is below

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/marketrm/public_html/ocs/plugins/paymethod/paypal/PayPalPlugin.inc.php:326) in /home/marketrm/public_html/ocs/classes/template/TemplateManager.inc.php on line 303

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/marketrm/public_html/ocs/plugins/paymethod/paypal/PayPalPlugin.inc.php:326) in /home/marketrm/public_html/ocs/classes/template/TemplateManager.inc.php on line 306

I need to return to the production version of PayPal now.

Hopefully we can get this resolved so my users do not email me about the error msgs.

Thanks. This has been an experience.

Rick :D :D
RickMath

Postby RickMath » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:18 am

Hi

I encountered another error that seems to be related to the PayPal file changes. I happens when I try to save changes in areas like setup. It also occurs when returning from Paypal to OCS.

The error is

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/marketrm/public_html/ocs/plugins/paymethod/paypal/PayPalPlugin.inc.php:326) in /home/marketrm/public_html/ocs/classes/core/Request.inc.php on line 41

I hope we can get these fixed soon. They seem harmless but users are asking about them. Also see my previous post.

Thanks so much

Rick
RickMath

Re: Notification Email After Paypal Payment Please HELP

Postby RickMath » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:57 pm

:? Michael

I really need to resolve the errors that I noted in my previous two posts. Te second one is most preplexing. When one attempts to save or close an entry the second error occurs. I used the paypal plugin file that you posted. Beyond the home screen every page carries these messages. The second one stopes displaying anything and requires one to hit the back button. The screen flickers but the changes are saved.

Please help with a solution. The only changes I have made are to the PayPal plugin and the database for adding the Payment Received email.

Thanks.

Rick
RickMath

Postby michael » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi Rick,

Can you please confirm that there are no blank lines at the end of your file after you've done your copy-and-paste?

Without additional information, I'm not sure what the issue could be.

If you like I can login to your server and try to troubleshoot the issue there. We do offer support services, but please note that the minimum service is for 1 hour. Please feel free to PM me if you'd like to go this route. (It's also a great way to support the work of the PKP)

Additional info on support prices and agreement terms.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby RickMath » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:59 am

:D :D :D

Michael

The PKP wizard waves the magic wand again. I am a php ameatur and that is a stretch.

There were three blank lines at the bottom of the file. Removed them and viola no errors anywhere. How they got there who knows.

Thanks so much for you help!

Rick
RickMath

Postby RickMath » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:51 pm

Just one more thing to add.

The PayPal feature is now working perfectly. The system sends each paid registrant an email with a copy to the conference manager.

This a wonderful feature of OCS and makes life easier for me and our users.

One more thing I may add. Michael was right on target with the verification of no empty lines at the end of a php file. In researching this empty lines after the ?> at the end of the file causes this type of error.

Hopefully this helps others with similar problems.

Once again kudos to the PKP team. :D

Rick
RickMath

Postby RickMath » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:28 pm

In the past two days I have two people register. No emails were sent to the user or with copies to me. All was well last week. I have not made any changes to my system except for those to the reports that Alec helped me with. This is posted in the other forum.

Related to this when I now click on the EDIT option in the Registration list for a user, I get the following error

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/marketrm/public_html/ocs/classes/registration/form/RegistrationForm.inc.php on line 101

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/marketrm/public_html/ocs/classes/registration/form/RegistrationForm.inc.php:101) in /home/marketrm/public_html/ocs/classes/template/TemplateManager.inc.php on line 303

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/marketrm/public_html/ocs/classes/registration/form/RegistrationForm.inc.php:101) in /home/marketrm/public_html/ocs/classes/template/TemplateManager.inc.php on line 306

Is it possible that these are related?

Thanks for your help.

Rick
RickMath

Postby asmecher » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi Rick,

Can you check classes/registration/RegistrationOptionDAO.inc.php and find the definition of the "getRegistrationOptionsBySchedConfId" function? It should be:
Code: Select all
function &getRegistrationOptionsBySchedConfId($schedConfId, $rangeInfo = null) {
...note the ampersand.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby RickMath » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:19 pm

Hi Rick,

Can you check classes/registration/RegistrationOptionDAO.inc.php and find the definition of the "getRegistrationOptionsBySchedConfId" function? It should be:
Code: Select all
function &getRegistrationOptionsBySchedConfId($schedConfId, $rangeInfo = null) {
...note the ampersand.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Alec :D

I checked and there was no ampersand before getRegistrationOptionsBySchedConfId. After changing that the EDIT for each registrant error has been eliminated.

Now can we figure out why I am not getting copies of emails confirming PayPal payment. My user report that they are not either.

Thanks

Rick
RickMath

Postby asmecher » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi Rick,

Do you have access to your server's email logs (assuming you're using local delivery)? There should be some indication there if the messages were sent, and possibly error messages to help identify the problem. Try looking for a particular date and time in your payment log.

Alternately, start by testing email sending in general from the system. If that works, then we can look for ways of debugging Paypal in particular.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby RickMath » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Alec

I sent an email to myself from OCS. I went to enrolled users and clicked on the email icon. It was sent and received instantly.

So what next. I have updated most of the PayPal plugins that were noted earlier in this thread.

Thanks for you quick response.

Rick
RickMath

Postby asmecher » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:29 pm

Hi Rick,

Are you using local delivery for email (as opposed to SMTP), and if so, do you have access to your server's mail log?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby RickMath » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:02 am

Alec

We are using SMTP for email.

Rick
RickMath

Postby asmecher » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi Rick,

Under Conference Management > Registration > Registration Policies, do you have contact information for a Registration Manager entered?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby RickMath » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:08 pm

Alec

No I left that blank as it was my understanding that this was only entered if someone else could manage registration other than the conference manager.

Before I made the changes noted earlier in this thread the automated email was working.

Anything else I need to tell you? Just let me know. I guess I could test it again tonight using the sandbox.

Thanks

Rick
RickMath

PreviousNext

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion