OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

upgrade problem

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

upgrade problem

Postby delong » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:06 pm

Having some problems upgrading to 2.1.

I tried upgrading using the upgrade.php tool, but it kept failing (I believe my ftp server kept cutting off the connection in mid-patch).

So I uploaded the full 2.1 release, overwriting my old (backed up!) install. Problem is, I turn "installed" to "Off" in config.inc.php but it doesn't redirect to the install/upgrade page. I have OJS set up to redirect to our sole journal, so I thought that might be the problem. I don't have SSH access, and doing it via a cron job would leave the journal sitting buggy for hours. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Currently I have the backup copy up and running.
delong

Postby asmecher » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:51 pm

Hi delong,

It's not possible to run upgrade.php via an FTP connection. Have you tried the procedure described in http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=691?

If you were upgrading from a pre-2.0.2 version of OJS, perhaps the upgrade failed because you were missing the general:base_path parameter in config.inc.php. See the template configuration file supplied with OJS 2.1.0-1. I'd suggest using the new configuration file as a template and moving your old settings into it -- several other options have been added as well.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

yep

Postby delong » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:56 pm

Sorry if I wasn't clear - yes, I did exactly that procedure. But instead of taking me to the upgrade/install page, it just goes to the normal journal page. I'm upgrading from 2.0.2.1. I'm stumped.

asmecher wrote:Hi delong,

It's not possible to run upgrade.php via an FTP connection. Have you tried the procedure described in http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=691?

If you were upgrading from a pre-2.0.2 version of OJS, perhaps the upgrade failed because you were missing the general:base_path parameter in config.inc.php. See the template configuration file supplied with OJS 2.1.0-1. I'd suggest using the new configuration file as a template and moving your old settings into it -- several other options have been added as well.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
delong

Postby asmecher » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:13 pm

Hi delong,

Have you tried flushing your browser cache and reloading the journal page? If "Installed" isn't set to "On", you should definitely not be seeing your journal's page. Please double-check your configuration file and try again; if you're still having trouble, feel free to send me your specifics at pkp-support@sfu.ca and I'll have a look.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

fixed

Postby delong » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:54 pm

I managed to fix the upgrade. I re-copied the 2.1 files and tried again. It worked this time. Thanks for the assistance!
delong

Return to OJS Technical Support