OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Bug in native import/export plugin

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Bug in native import/export plugin

Postby Marc » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:24 am

Hi people,

I’m using the import/export plugin to import articles and issues in my OJS (2.0.1)
I’ve a journal with a lot of issues, more than 30…
So, the template (./plugins/importexport/native/articleContext.tpl) don’t show all issues, but generate a first page with some issues and a link to the others pages (with the rest of issues).
I mean links like « 1 2 > >> », to navigate to first, second, next and last pages.

The bug appears here. When I try to go to the second page, an error message is showed:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /Projectes/RACO/ojs-2.0.1/plugins/importexport/native/NativeImportExportPlugin.inc.php on line 132

I’ve see into the file that the problem is that $temporaryFile is empty because $existingFileId = Request::getUserVar('temporaryFileId'))) is null. Apparently, there is nothing in $_POST.

I'm wrong?
There is a version without with bug?

Thanks a lot

Marc
Marc

Postby asmecher » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:20 pm

Hi Marc,

Thanks, this is indeed a bug. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2067 for information and a patch against 2.1.0-1 that will correct the problem.

Note that URL handling was overhauled between OJS 2.0.2-1 and OJS 2.1.0-1, so this patch won't work against older versions of OJS; I'd strongly suggest upgrading, but if you'd rather not, you can do one of the following:
  • Changing the form in plugins/importexport/native/articleContext.tpl from "post" to "submit" may correct the problem (this is untested)
  • You can work around the problem by increasing the number of items per page in paged lists; see the bottom of Journal Setup, step 5.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Development