OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS Plugin: Custom Block Manager

The Plugin Gallery is a venue for users of PKP software to share their plugins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
If you post a plugin here, please include information on which versions of which applications it is compatible with. Attach a tarball of the plugin (e.g. tar cvzf myPlugin-0.1.tar.gz plugins/generic/myPlugin). Thanks for contributing!

Re: OJS Plugin: Custom Block Manager

Postby azizul » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:48 am

hi.. i tried this plugin but my custom block stayed on the right sidebar even if i move it to the left sidebar. any help would be appreciated. i'm using OJS 2.2.3.

thank you and have a pleasant day.

regards,

Azizul
azizul

Postby newone » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:29 am

This plugin has a bug. You cannot have more than one custom block showing. No matter how many you create, only 1 will show. Best believe that!
newone

Postby newone » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:30 am

azizul wrote:hi.. i tried this plugin but my custom block stayed on the right sidebar even if i move it to the left sidebar. any help would be appreciated. i'm using OJS 2.2.3.

thank you and have a pleasant day.

regards,

Azizul

First, upgrade to OJS 2.2.4, the new version. It may sort out the issue. Update us with your result.
newone

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi folks,

This has been reported as a bug: see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4887. Please feel free to CC yourself to that report for future updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby newone » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:24 pm

Custom Block Plugin used to work, and now I am experiencing some problem with it. I am using 2.3.0 (will be updating soon)

I updated my PHP to PHP 5.3.1. Does it not work this version of PHP?

Code: Select all
Fatal error: Call to undefined method BlockPlugin::BlockPlugin()
newone

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi newone,

Did this break immediately after you upgraded? On which pages are you seeing the error? Which version of PHP were you using previously?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby newone » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:23 pm

I think it was 5.2.9.

I can see the website and the journals. I can even see the custom block.

The problem is this: whenever I click on the journals, I get that error. Also, if I am logged it as an admin, I can view the admin area, but when I try to click on any of the role for each journal, I get that error.
newone

Postby ramon » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:26 pm

Hello all,

The CustomBlockPlugin patch announced here only works for 2.3+.
How can we fix the problem of not being able to move the block to any side, described in this post, for 2.2.4?
ramon

Postby newone » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:10 am

Not working with 2.3.3.1

It appears that Custom Block Manager is creating the block. The problem is when you go to blocks plugin, the newly created block does not show up.

Is there a way to fix for this?

I tried it on a new install and have the same issue.
newone

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi newone,

The block plugin seems to be working fine for me in 2.3.3-1 (PHP 5.3.18 in my case) -- I can create multiple custom blocks, and they all show up under the Block Plugins menu and are editable. Which version of PHP are you currently using? Are any errors being reported that you can see?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby newone » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:54 am

There is no error being reported. When I create the blocks, under generic plugins, I can see the names of the blocks. I can even create multiple blocks. The problem is when I go to Blocks Plugin, none of the blocks I created shows up.

I am using PHP 5.3.3. I am not sure if this is contributing to the problem.
newone

Postby Roelf » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:46 am

Hi,

I use 2.3.3.0, and experience the same problem: There is no error being reported. When I create the blocks, under generic plugins, I can see the names of the blocks. I can even create multiple blocks. The problem is when I go to Blocks Plugin, none of the blocks I created shows up.

Server Information
OS platform Linux
PHP version 5.2.11
Apache version Not available
Database driver mysql
Database server version 5.0.67
Extended PHP Information

regards,

Roelf
Roelf

Postby newone » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:32 am

Thanks Roelf for confirming the issue.

I disabled the plugin and no longer use it. I just wanted to make a link so that users can always go back to the homepage regardless of where they are. I have multiple journals that I am managing and it is important that users have the ability to always go back to the main homepage. I will try to create a custom block for the link. It would be so much easier if the plugin worked. I will report my update for anyone following the thread.
newone

Postby swing » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:08 am

I have the same problem :-(

After adding a new custom block using the custom block manager settings an empty 'div' element appears in the right sidebar just on that page (.../manager/plugin/generic/customblockmanagerplugin/settings):
"
<div class="block" id="custom">

</div>
"
and the new custom block doesn't appear anywhere, neither in the list of the block plug-ins nor in the setup 5 :-(

I've tested it with several installations (ojs development version 2.3.3-1 and 2.3.3-2). Strangely, on the pkp installation I used to test ojs 2.3.3 before it's released everything seems to be OK :-O

Thanks a lot!
swing

Postby newone » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:53 pm

It still does not work on the new OJS.

My quick solution was to manually add the necessary link to the developedby blocks. Hope it helps.
newone

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Gallery