OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Notification Email After Paypal Payment

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Notification Email After Paypal Payment

Postby RickMath » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:18 pm

I am the conference manager for my installation of OCS. We are running v 2.1.2

I am receiving emails to myself confirming payments. I have no idea if these are going to the people that have made payments. It seems that I should get a copy of an email to the person making the payment and that it be addressed to them.

Where can the code be modified to do this?

Other than that the Paypal plugin is wokring fine in reporting the payments in the OCS system to me as the conference manager.

Thanks for any help on this.

Rick
RickMath

Re: Notification Email After Paypal Payment

Postby michael » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi Rick,

Are you referring to the confirmation email sent to you from Paypal?

The user will also receive a confirmation email from PayPal upon completing their payment, but you would not be CC'ed on it.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby RickMath » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:01 pm

Michael

Thanks. It appears that the system is sending me an email using the Manual Payment Received as I cant find any other template with the same msg. The template has the registrant name but when I receive the email it has my name. This seems strange.

I am getting emails from PayPal on the payments to my Paypal account so that seems to work.

Do you need any more information to help with this? I assume that some of this is in the PayPal plugin or somewhere in the registration files. If you can direct me to the right file maybe I can help identify the source of the problem.

Thanks

Rick
RickMath

Postby michael » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi Rick,

I can confirm that this is a bug, which has been filed here. Please feel free to CC yourself on the entry.

If you'd like to take a look at the existing code, the relevant area is in plugins/paymethod/paypal/PayPalPlugin.inc.php at around line 230.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby asmecher » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi all,

A follow-up to Michael's comment above -- Michael, the original post is referring to the Manual payment plugin, not the Paypal plugin. I've attached a patch at the bugzilla entry linked above to effect this change, but I'm not committing it to the distribution as noted in the Bugzilla entry due to the wording of the manual payment confirmation email.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby michael » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:52 pm

Thanks, Alec. I think we may actually have two issues here. I've included some additional details in the bug report.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby RickMath » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:44 am

Michael and Alec

I guess I need to clear up the description. Sorry for the confusion.

First, the email that I am receiving seems to be using the Manual Payment prepared email. I can't find another prepared email with the same wording. I have no idea if the user is receiving a confirmation email.

Second I am using the Paypal plugin to have users register. I am not using the Manual payment option.

I get the email when a user registers and pays through Paypal. I also get the email when a user goes through the registration process but DOES NOT complete the PayPal payment. Fortunately in the latter case the system does not record the user as paid, only registered.

I hope this helps clear up the confusion that I may have created.

Thanks for your help :D

Rick
RickMath

Postby RickMath » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:55 pm

:D Hi PKP Support

I have still not received suggestions on how to resolve this problem. Thanks for your response.

Rick
RickMath

Postby michael » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi Rick,

Can you please confirm if the patch here fixes this for you?

The patch includes a new email template used to confirm PayPal payment (sent to registrant and cc'ed to conference manager).

Please include any additional details or problems in the bug report.

Thanks,
Michael
michael

Postby RickMath » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:40 pm

Michael

Thanks

I reviewed the patch and some of the language is not in English. Can you translate for me or convert the statements to English.

I appreciate your response.

Please let me know.

Rick :D
RickMath

Postby michael » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi Rick,

Those are simply translations of the default payment notification email text. They correspond to the various locales that OCS is translated into.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby RickMath » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:28 pm

Michael

So do I just add the lines in the patch to the appropriate files and the system will understand? I am a little nervous abouth this. Maybe I do not understand.

I have to apply the patch using cut and paste into the files as my host does not know how to automate it. Not a problem as I have done this before.

Just make me feel more comfortable adding the + lines to the files. Sorry to be so nervous.

Thanks for your help. All of you at PKP are great.

Rick :D
RickMath

Postby michael » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:05 am

Hi Rick,

Yes, that's correct. I've included an even simplified patch in the bug report along with additional instructions which you can use for this. You will need to delete lines marked with a '-' and add lines marked with an '+'.

Here's a link to plugins/paymethod/paypal/PayPalPlugin.inc.php after all of the changes have been applied, if that helps, so you can compare to your copy or simply use this one to replace your current one. If there's an error or issue, you can always revert to your old, saved version.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby RickMath » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:26 am

Michael

I have one more question on the patch. The last two sections seem to be related to 2.1.3 upgrades.

Do these need to be included in the patch? I am running 2.1.2

The entire PayPal plugin will be useful to me as I can only apply the patches line by line using copy and paste in my control panel file manager.

Thanks for your help. I will try to get the patch added when I think users are not on the system.

Please let me know on these.

Rick
RickMath

Postby michael » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi Rick,

You can use the second patch for your install (the one against OCS 2.1.2, not pre-2.1.3 CVS) which doesn't include the upgrade code. There's also some additional instructions at the bottom of the bug report for updating your db.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Next

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion